Revenue Manager - DC
- Washington, DC
Revenue Manager (Accounting Department) - Washington, DC
This position will require attention to detail, great organizational and analytical skills, and a strong customer service orientation. The main objective is to contribute to the firm’s work efforts of maintaining good client relationships while successfully collecting past due accounts. This position is the first line of communication to the client and partner to manage the accounts receivable portfolio, resolve any open items and proactively address delinquent accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage firm wide collection processes, including review of collection trends.
- Establishes internal procedures for processing cash receipts application and collection activities within current firm policies.
- Monitor delinquent accounts, develop collection strategies and work with clients and attorneys to resolve issues.
- Manages firm collections (accounts receivable) policy, including communicating with attorneys and their clients regarding AR, and communicating with upper management regarding areas of concern.
- Provides information and various reports to attorneys and secretaries upon request.
- Manage and maintain the firms audit request letters.
- Reviews daily collections reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and present monthly collections reports to the Business Committee.
- Research, document and resolve outstanding issues.
- Directly supervise a staff of one senior revenue coordinator, and two revenue coordinators. Hires, retains, motivates, develops and evaluates department staff.
- Monitors staff adherence to internal policies and procedures.
- Ability to set objective performance measurements and expectations for direct reports and hold them accountable for meeting the established expectations.
- Prepare and delivers annual performance reviews which compare the performance of direct reports to expectations communicated.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- The ideal candidate will be in an accounting and finance professional with at least 5 years of collection experience and a minimum of 3 years of supervisory/management experience, both preferably in a law firm.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the ability to communicate credibly and effectively with all levels of attorneys and staff.
- The ability to prioritize work, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Excel and experience with automated collections systems.
- Effective research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prepare and present results for senior management.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, February 5, 2019