Senior Public Relations Manager - SF or LA
- Los Angeles, CA
Senior Public Relations Manager - San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA
Based in California, the Senior Public Relations Manager is responsible for helping increase the Firm’s visibility across California offices and practices globally. This position reports to the Director of Public Relations and plays an integral role on the Firm’s Public Relations team, including developing successful media campaigns, securing strategic media coverage, leveraging social media to promote the Firm and its content, and drafting award submissions and press releases. Ideal candidates must have the ability to communicate persuasively and concisely. Candidates must be able to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative global team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
- Minimum five years of PR experience in the professional services industry, preferably in a law firm.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to travel to each of the Firm’s California offices, as needed.
- Detail-oriented in all tasks, including excellent proof-reading, and research skills.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the Firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Public Relations to develop and implement communication plans for key practice and industry groups across the Firm.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with legal trade, financial, and mainstream media to increase the profile of the Firm, practice groups, and partners in key practice areas.
- Collaborate closely with California partners to understand market challenges, business opportunities, competitive elements, and align our public relations strategy in the market to address them.
- Create and implement effective PR campaigns for individual, lawyers, and practice and industry groups that support client development goals.
- Identify appropriate third-party commentary topics and industry trends.
- Proactively reach out to reporters to secure interview opportunities and media coverage.
- Leverage Firm content across various social media platforms.
- Place attorney-written articles in legal, business, and industry publications.
- Draft various editorial-based award submissions for media outlets, such as Law360 and American Lawyer.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Thursday, January 10, 2019