IT Manager - DC
- Washington, DC
IT Project Manager - Washington, DC
We are working with a major AmLaw 100 firm that seeks an IT Project Manager (ITPM) which oversees and ensures the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management to deliver business value.
Duties & Responsibilities
The ITPM supports the project efforts of the IT organization and performs the following duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Implement project communication plan.
- Perform risk assessment, and document mitigation plans.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise.
- Lead project planning and status meetings.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and are in line with business objectives.
- Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel, and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Continuously benchmark project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in project and portfolio management.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 3 - 5+ years experience in technology project management with business unit facing experience.
- Experience project managing multiple initiatives simultaneously as well as large enterprise projects.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies (e.g., PMI, Agile)
- Demonstrated experience coordinating a project team and leading project status meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous exposure to a law firm environment a plus.
- Bachelors Degree
- Project Manager certifications preferred such as Project Management Institute.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Saturday, September 28, 2019