Patent Paralegal (Health Sciences)
- Philadelphia, PA
Patent Paralegal (Health Sciences) - The position can be based in our Berwyn, Philadelphia or Wilmington offices
Major law firm has an immediate opening for an IP Paralegal supporting the firm’s Health Sciences practice. The position can be based in our Berwyn, Philadelphia or Wilmington offices, and will report to the Paralegal Manager and provides support to the Firm’s attorneys and clients. Must maintain positive contact with attorneys (both the Firm’s and outside counsel), support staff, and clients, and observe confidentiality of client and Firm matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures that policies and procedures are being followed on a day to day basis in relation to assigned duties, including client special instructions and in accordance with established firm guidelines.
- assist with the preparation, filing, prosecution, and maintenance of domestic and foreign patent applications.
- prepare client letters, reporting status of applications and patents; review docket for deadlines.
- understand docket and deadlines and action needed on each file; inform responsible lawyer(s) of deadlines.
- Interpret and understand the rules of the USPTO, PCT and other international patent offices, relating to IP.
- assist with IP due diligence projects, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in on-line IP database searching.
- Experience using and/or understanding docketing software.
- Experience using and/or understanding Global IPEstimator and REforeignInv.
- Familiarity with US and international patent law, including inter-partes matters.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff and provide information with courtesy and tact.
- Proficient in USPTO procedures and best practices, including working knowledge of Manual of Patent Examining Procedures and 37 Code of Federal Regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure while producing a high volume of information with attention to detail while producing an accurate document.
- Willingness and ability to accept changing assignments and priorities.
- Ability to compose, proofread and edit (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) routine memorandums and correspondence.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Strong PC knowledge in order to utilize various online electronic filings with government agencies and to maintain worksheets for clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to search various websites in order to locate information in order to communicate with client or maintain accurate information in the firm’s various software applications associated with IP.
- Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external clients effectively and professionally.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- College Degree is helpful or equivalent specialized training, i.e., paralegal studies from an ABA recognized program.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
Friday, October 16, 2020