Programmer Analyst 3 - DC
- Washington, DC
Programmer/Analyst 3 - Washington, DC
The Programmer/Analyst 3 is responsible for designing and developing database-driven business solutions for the Firm and its clients in the Information Resource Services (IRS). System development will be accomplished using a wide range of Microsoft tools and products including Visual Studio.Net, MS SQL, and SharePoint. Full lifecycle responsibility, from initial design through implementation, including on-going support, is expected. As part of the application development Team, the successful candidate will consult on, design, program and implement solutions for information management, workflow and knowledge management serving the Firm's practice groups and administrative departments. This includes maintaining and supporting existing internal SharePoint websites and applications, designing and implementing improvements to various systems, and integrating and customizing third-party software within our existing application environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Programmer/Analyst 3 is responsible for designing and programming database-driven solutions for networked and wireless business applications spanning the Firm’s global offices including:
- Assess business processes and provide technological solutions or improvements to meet business needs.
- Translate business requirements into system design plans, incorporating system specifications, application architecture, data import/export functions, conversion issues, reports and other functions.
- Define, design, code, test, debug, implement and support complex, object-oriented multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Develop code in accordance with technical designs and to standards set by Project Manager.
- Develop applications for SharePoint including workflow and forms services.
- Provide technical leadership on software development projects as part of a development Team.
- Support mission-critical systems and applications as assigned.
- Install, configure and maintain IIS and SharePoint servers.
- Administer Sharepoint sites in on-premise and Sharepoint Online environments.
- Create and maintain documentation for all aspects of software implementation, including timelines, system schematics and diagrams, business recovery procedures and user documentation.
- Troubleshoot problems and deliver practical solutions.
- Evaluate and implement software upgrades and patches in a timely manner.
- Work with developers, business users, and other IT staff to perform and coordinate the planning, testing, and implementation of database and application upgrades as needed.
- Maintain skills consistent with current programming and database technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 4-6 years experience in programming / application development with MS Technologies (ASP.NET, C#, XML/XSL, .NET Frameworks, web services and SQL Server), VB Script and JAVA Script, with demonstrated recent ability to design, develop and deploy business applications.
- 2-3 years’ experience developing applications for or supporting Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 2013, or 2016.
- 1-2 years’ experience using and supporting third-party Sharepoint tools and add-Ins (e.g. Sharegate, Wizdom, etc.).
- Strong MS SQL and T-SQL skills such as writing stored procedures, triggers, etc. Experience with SSRS a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop solutions to business problems including workflow and information management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to support third party legal or business applications including but not limited to docketing, forms generation, legal recruiting, legal research, document management and conference scheduling.
- Thorough understanding of application lifecycle process.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be highly motivated, analytical, organized and efficient.
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills required.
- Ability to evaluate, work with, and modernize legacy solutions and architectures.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Previous law firm or professional services experience preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) for Microsoft .NET preferred.
- College degree in computer science or other technical discipline preferred.
- Position requires access to equipment, software, or technology that is subject to U.S. export controls. To be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws, candidate must be either (a) a United States citizen or national; (b) a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence of the United States (i.e., “Green Card” holder); or (c) an INS-approved refugee or asylum holder who has applied for naturalization within six months of the date the individual first became eligible; and if not yet naturalized, is still actively pursuing naturalization if 2 years have passed since the date of application to be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws.
- Candidates will be required to submit appropriate documentation to determine whether access can be granted before proceeding further through the application process.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thursday, June 6, 2019