Corporate Paralegal - NY
- New York, NY
Corporate Paralegal - New York, NY
We are working with a top law firm that seeks a highly motivated Corporate Paralegal in its New York office. The Corporate Paralegal will assist Firm attorneys and clients in all aspects of corporate transactional matters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Prepare and/or revise drafts of transactional documents and other corporate practice documents for attorney review, including, but not limited to those involved in:
- new and early-stage business formation projects;
- corporate financing, securities offerings, and M&A transactions;
- technology transactions; and
- foreign qualifications.
- Assist with certain SEC filings including Form D filings, Confidential Treatment requests and Registration Statements and the like.
- Draft and organize Statements of Work, and other technical, business and operations exhibits and similar transactional document addenda.
- Assist attorneys with IP searches, including domain registration and related title searches for copyrights, patents and trademarks, as well as litigation searches; coordinate IP diligence in support of transactions.
- Compile, analyze and summarize information for attorney review.
- Perform corporate, securities, IP, and related legal and business research using Westlaw, Bloomberg, Lexis/Nexis and other similar services.
- Draft correspondence and coordinate meetings and conferences between Firm attorneys, clients, and other parties to transactions.
- Coordinate closings and attend to post-closing matters; file and track transaction documents with federal, state and local authorities.
- Assist with other projects and duties as assigned by Firm management.
- At least 3-5+ years of transactional paralegal experience at an AMLAW 100 or 200 law firm, or similar experience in a large in-house corporate legal department.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with attorneys, staff and clients on a daily basis.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a part of a team as matters require.
- Availability and willingness to work reasonable overtime hours as needed.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university is required. A graduate degree such as a JD is a plus, but is not required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, November 25, 2019