Sr. Financial Analyst - Oakland
- Oakland, CA
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST – OAKLAND ($95k-$130k DOE)
We are working with a mid-sized law firm that seeks a Senior Financial Analyst in its Finance Department. This is an exempt position reporting to the Director of Finance and is located in the Firm’s Oakland office. The Financial Analyst compiles and analyzes Firm financial data to assist the Director of Finance and Chief Operating Officer in strengthening the Firm’s financial position.
- Four-year college degree required, preferably in accounting, business, finance, or mathematics;
- Advanced credentials, such as CPA or MBA is a plus;
- 5-8+ years of Finance and Accounting experience in Professional industries like Law or CPA Firm;
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, systems, practices, controls, and procedures which conform to generally accepted accounting principles and reflect operating costs, budgets, and profitability;
- Strong background with report writing and using SQL to pull data from accounting and billing system databases;
- Advanced Excel skills, intermediate SQL skills (bonus: if you have worked with relational DB’s);
- Systems conversion or implementation experience a plus;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality;
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate in person and by phone with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and vendors to provide information with courtesy and tact;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, work well under stress and respond quickly to changing priorities;
- Ability to work independently, with little direction, evaluate problems and formulate successful solutions;
- Pricing and Strategic Planning experience highly desired.
- Act as the internal expert on Firm’s ERP/financial system;
- Write SQL query to extract data from ERP to Excel for financial analysis;
- Develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations;
- Improve financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management;
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data to improve data integrity and accuracy;
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses;
- Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications and coordinating information requirements;
- Create and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports;
- Support the timely preparation, interpretation, and analysis of Firm financial data and statements which cover revenue, earnings, and profitability at the client and matter/project levels;
- Manage the preparation of the Firm’s annual budget and quarterly reforecasts;
- Manage various analytical projects with the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Finance;
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with Firm personnel and external contacts such as banking and accounting professionals, clients, vendors, attorneys, and all levels of management;
- Travel to all firm offices on an as-needed basis;
- Work on-site on a regular, punctual and reliable schedule;
- Work extended hours as needed;
- Work cordially, cooperatively, and productively with all Firm employees;
- Remain calm and focused and work efficiently and accurately during high-energy situations involving frequently changing priorities;
- Handle multiple projects and deadlines;
- Maintain a current level of professional knowledge in accounting functions and ERP systems;
- Maintain a professional network and key resource contacts;
- Work independently under limited supervisions;
- Take ownership of assigned projects;
- Accept responsibility for individual personal growth and development; and
- Perform other essential functions as assigned.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Friday, October 11, 2019