Regulatory Business Development Specialist - DC
- Washington, DC
Regulatory Business Development Specialist - Washington, DC
We are working with an AmLaw 100 law firm that seeks a results-oriented Business Development Specialist to support the Firm’s regulatory groups. Under the general supervision and direction of the Assistant Director of Business Development - Regulatory, the regulatory Business Development Managers, and practice group leaders; the Specialist is responsible for supporting the implementation of the groups’ marketing and client development plans and initiatives to secure new clients and strengthen existing relationships, and increase visibility of the practices.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development. Previous law Firm experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Effective time-management and organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects, work well under tight deadlines and other pressures while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated leadership and proactivity/initiative.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). InterAction and Adobe skills a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Assistant Director of BD - Regulatory, BD Managers, practice group leaders, and the broader marketing and BD team to support the development and execution of marketing and client development plans, industry group plans, and Firm-wide initiatives to advance practice group goals.
- Coordinate and support the preparation of new business proposals, client presentations, and responses to RFPs.
- Track and maintain practice group experience and representative matters for proposals, directory submissions, website updates, etc.
- Coordinate and implement client webinars, including organizing webinar logistics and helping the lawyers prepare for and run the webinars.
- Assist with the planning and execution of client events, including assessing venues, coordinating with venue event staff, working with marketing communications team to prepare invitations and other event communications, monitoring RSVPs, and preparing post-event reports.
- Assist with securing CLE accreditation for group programming and distribute CLE certificates to clients post-event.
- Identify, assess, and coordinate participation in conferences, seminars, forums, sponsorships, and speaking and writing opportunities, and ensure effective participation.
- Develop and maintain segmented client and prospect mailing lists.
- Support logistical and other activities related to lateral integration.
- Record client development activities, efforts, and results in department-wide tracking database.
- Produce and disseminate internal reports on previous and upcoming client development activities.
- Draft, review, and proofread internal and external communications.
- Draft submissions for relevant practices for directory listings and other awards, including Chambers.
- Work with communications team to develop and/or update group marketing materials, including electronic client alerts and memoranda, website content, newsletters, brochures, and other external communication pieces.
- Other responsibilities as assigned and required.
- Timely and regular attendance.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thursday, June 6, 2019