Senior Corporate Paralegal - NY
- New York, NY
Senior Corporate Paralegal - New York, NY
We are working with a top law firm that seeks a highly motivated Senior Corporate Paralegal to assist in all aspects of corporate transactions including venture formations, foreign qualifications, reinstatement's, acquisitions, mergers, withdrawals, dissolution's and stock issuance transactions. Senior Corporate Paralegal provides lawyers and clients with all necessary assistance in furtherance of corporate transactional matters.
- At least 5+ years of transactional paralegal experience at an AMLAW 100 or 200 law firm, or similar experience in a large in-house corporate legal department.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with lawyers, staff, and clients on a daily basis.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, trouble-shooting and planning skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office.
- Strong research skills and proficiency with common research tools, including Westlaw, LexisNexis, SEC/EDGAR and other modern financial services and legal research tools and services.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a part of a team as matters require.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, shifting priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Availability and willingness to work overtime, and light travel as needed.
- A Four-year degree from an accredited college or university is required. A graduate degree is a plus but is not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or revise drafts of transactional documents and other corporate practice documents for lawyers review.
- Provide pre-closing, closing and post-closing assistance, including: prepare closing sets, closing memorandum and closing documents; order certified charters, good standing certificates, tax status certificates; coordinate filings, stock and wire transfers.
- Assist with certain SEC filings including Form D filings, Confidential Treatment requests and Registration Statements and the like.
- Proofread agreements including for sense, grammar, consistency, accuracy of cross-references, definitions, formatting, calculations, and typos.
- Draft and organize Statements of Work, and other common technical, business and operations exhibits and similar transactional document addenda.
- Assist lawyers with IP searches, including domain registration and related title searches for copyrights, patents and trademarks, as well as litigation searches; coordinate IP diligence in support of transactions.
- Compile, analyze and summarize information for lawyer review.
- Perform corporate, securities, IP, and related legal and business research using Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, and other similar services.
- Draft correspondence and coordinate meetings and conferences between Firm lawyers, clients, and other parties to transactions.
- Assist with other projects and duties as assigned by Firm management.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, February 17, 2020