Litigation Paralegal – McLean, VA
- West Mclean, VA
Litigation Paralegal – McLean, VA
Major law firm a premier global law firm, currently has an excellent opportunity in its Northern Virginia office for an experienced Litigation Paralegal. The Litigation Paralegal position will provide organizational and practice specific assistance to attorneys in the Litigation Department in preparing litigation cases from onset through post trial including related research and analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists attorneys in in all stages of litigation cases from onset through post trial.
- Ascertains calendaring requirements for each matter and ensures proper maintenance of any required case calendars.
- Oversees organization, maintenance and appropriate utilization of documents and other case-related materials, including maintenance of client-presentable and efficient work areas and case rooms.
- Assists with the discovery process, including preparing for deposition, propounding and responding to written discovery and preparing for expert discovery.
- Oversees and conducts document reviews; prepares documentation regarding criteria changes; tracks and reports on review progress and results.
- Performs analytical tasks, including preparing witness interview memoranda, reviewing and summarizing documents, deposition and court transcripts, and creating and using substantive coding tools.
- Assists with law and motion practice, including assembling motion papers and exhibits, coordinating filings of pleadings and briefs and ensuring proper service.
- Performs and oversees both simple and complex cite checking and proof reading of briefs and other legal documents.
- Assists with trial preparation, including creating trial notebooks, identifying and organizing exhibits, coordinating witness schedules, maintaining trial calendars and communicating effectively with opposing counsel and courtroom staff.
- Maintains timely and accurate timekeeping records.
- Position requires ability to move from the workstation or desk several times throughout the day and go to various offices to retrieve documents and meet with attorneys and receive instructions.
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years (3-20) of experience as a Litigation Paralegal within a law firm with demonstrated knowledge of complex issues within the Litigation practice area.
- Trial experience, including exhibit preparation, witness preparation and management, knowledge of subpoena preparation, experience working with judicial assistants and trial presentation vendors, and experience assisting attorneys in the courtroom.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA certified paralegal program preferred.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and/or Google Slides.
- Proficiency with E-filing and litigation support applications such as Concordance, Summation, Live Note and Relativity.
Skills & Competencies:
- Communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff.
- Proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, reliability and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands.
- Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Position periodically requires off-site work at a war room or the courthouse when the case goes to trial.
- Requires manual dexterity and physical mobility, including the ability to move frequently (several times an hour) from workstation or desk to work independently or with team to organize documents/binders and retrieve files stored in vertical cabinets throughout the work area.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Friday, January 3, 2020