Sr. Commercial Real Estate Paralegal - New York, NY
- New York, NY
Sr. Commercial Real Estate Paralegal - New York, NY ($90k-$110k)
One of our leading law firms seeks an experienced Sr. Commercial Real Estate Paralegal with at least 5+ years of experience to join its New York office. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with real estate deals from start to finish along with title & survey experience. This position requires flexibility to work OT as needed.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage day-to-day transaction activity and Attorney requests.
- Perform due diligence, including review of title, survey, offering plans, appraisals, environmental reports, zoning reports, regulatory agreements, UCC financing statements and related filings, tax searches, judgment and bankruptcy search results, leases, service contracts, and corporate documentation.
- Draft and prepare legal documents for Attorney review.
- Draft and edit organizational documents, including operating agreements, certificates of formation, articles of organization, structure charts, consents and certificates. Form, amend, qualify and dissolve business entities as required for transaction strategies.
- Obtain and review lien searches, as well as prepare UCC financing statements and UCC abstracts/charts.
- Review titles abstracts and summarize title commitments, exception documents. Prepare title objection letters and coordinate with title companies, surveyors, lenders, borrowers, property owners and outside counsel.
- Review and summarize leases, appraisals, property condition reports, environmental reports, zoning reports and licenses.
- Review surveys, plats, legal descriptions for accuracy noting defects, encumbrances, liens, easements, etc.
- Coordinate resolution of issues with title companies, surveyors, lenders, borrowers and property owners and counsel.
- Prepare review, and assemble and organize closing documents. Draft and maintain closing checklists. Compile and maintain key contract dates schedule. Maintain ftp sites and manage document collection to ensure all requisite documentation is received an in proper order.
- Provides overflow assistance to peers/team members within department to further enhance departmental operations; and promotes a positive work and team environment.
- Maintains time records ensuring accurate and timely release of Intapp entries.
- Demonstrate proficiency in technical skills consistent with new and existing technology.
- Assumes other duties and/or assists with special projects as requested by the Paralegal Management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 (5-20)+ years real estate paralegal experience required.
- Displays expertise in areas of essential functions; understands and applies current information technology, and resources necessary to best achieve work results.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with constant interruptions.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills in communications in person, by e-mail and telephone and provides information with courtesy and tact; follows instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to work overtime hours and travel, if needed or requested.
- College degree, paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program, or comparable work experience, preferably in a law firm.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, November 25, 2019