Trademark Paralegal Specialist - DC
- Washington, DC
Trademark Paralegal - Washington, DC
One of our top AmLaw 100 firms is seeking a Trademark Paralegal to join its dynamic team. This position will assist attorneys with all aspects of trademark practice. Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Prepare and file trademark registration applications, statements of use, extension requests, affidavits of use and incontestability, renewal applications, notices of opposition, cancellation petitions and other papers with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) or the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Prepare and file trademark applications and associated documents using TEAS and TEAS Plus, TTAB filings using ESTTA, and trademark assignment, security interests and other trademark chain of title recordations using ETAS.
- Perform trademark screening clearance searches and other internet-based factual research.
- Review docket on a regular basis to ensure that deadlines are met and that attorneys are notified on a regular basis of upcoming deadlines; generate standard and customized status reports as needed.
- Draft written communications to clients, foreign counsel and PTO.
- Supervise inputting of deadlines and management of database of domestic and foreign trademarks registrations, domain names, and opposition and cancellation proceedings maintained by docketing clerk.
- Collect evidence of use for prosecution, maintenance, and administrative litigation matters.
- As with all positions, perform other duties as requested by Firm management.
- Minimum of 3+ years trademark paralegal experience.
- Familiarity with PATTSY WAVE (or similar web-based software), CPI Trademark Management software, and all aspects of Trademark Office portals (e.g., TESS, TEAS, TSDR, ESTTA, TTABVUE, and ETAS).
- Knowledge of trademark prosecution filings and requirements, including different types of trademark applications, and requirements for statements of use, extension requests, affidavits of use and incontestability, renewal applications and other papers filed with the USPTO.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) with individuals at all levels of the firm in an appropriate and professional manner; strong service orientation, sense of accountability and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously; work equally well as part of a team in both a leadership and subordinate role; and excellent organizational skills.
EducationBS/BA from an accredited college or university is strongly preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thursday, June 6, 2019