Sr Desktop & Network Technician - LA
- Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Desktop & Network Technician (Temp) - Los Angeles, CA
We are working with a great AmLaw 100 law firm that seeks toIMMEDIATELY hire a Sr. Desktop & Network Technician for its LA office. The Sr. Desktop & Network Technician is responsible for the day to day activities of supporting desktop and software functions for the end user community of the firm. This position is primarily user problem resolution focused, requiring excellent customer service and communication skills, technical knowledge, PC/Laptop expertise and AV setup coordination. All candidates must be ITAR compliant.
- Setup and teardown of AV for meetings and coordination with Client Services team.
- Configures and deploys desktop hardware and software including but not limited to laptops, printers, hand held mobile devices.
- Works well as part of a team on technical projects.
- Troubleshoots Cisco VPN and Citrix remote access for remote users.
- Performs miscellaneous technical support tasks and special technical projects as assigned by Information Technology Services management.
- Responds to help calls, diagnoses and resolves desktop hardware and software problems reported by end-users or through the Help Desk in a timely manner.
- Performs roll-outs and support for new software applications.
- Maintains departmental records in accordance with polices and procedures and submits all required paperwork and reports accurately and on time.
- Provides effective client service and presents the firm in a positive light. Remains calm and focused in pressure situations.
- Escalates technical issues timely and appropriately.
General Qualifications & Requirements:
- Successfully sets priorities, performs tasks in an orderly fashion, and meets time deadlines.
- Demonstrates good written and oral communications skills and communicates effectively.
- Stays current with changing priorities, willing and able to take on new tasks and responsibilities and learn new technology.
- Operates well without specific direction and close supervision, given general guidelines for the position.
- Stays current with firm standard software and personal professional qualifications.
- Timely and regular attendance.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong communication organizational, training and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum five years experience in a desktop PC maintenance position, preferably in a professional services organization (legal background preferred).
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing DELL/Lenovo PCs and HP Laser printers in a network environment.
- Thorough understanding of Windows 10 PC operating systems, hardware configurations, and peripheral hardware.
- Knowledge of iManage, SCCM, VOIP / Unity preferred.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds, and use various hand tools.
- Familiarity with the Firm Standard Operating Systems and software (Win10 Workstation, Office 2016)
- Two years post-secondary education in computers or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certified Professional preferred.
Note: As with all positions the Sr. Desktop & Network Technician will be required to perform other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the Information Technology Manager or Firm Management.
Thursday, March 14, 2019