Litigation Business Development (Marketing) Specialist - DC
- Washington, DC
Litigation Business Development (Marketing) Specialist – Washington, DC
We are working with a major law firm that is looking for a results-oriented client development specialist to support the Firm’s litigation groups. Under the general supervision and direction of the Assistant Director Client Development - Litigation, Litigation Managers and practice group leaders, the Specialist is responsible for supporting the implementation of the Litigation groups’ marketing and client development plans and initiatives to secure new clients, strengthen existing relationships, and increase visibility of the practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, business or related field.
- 2-10+ years of experience in professional services marketing.
- Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development. Previous law firm experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time-management, organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects, work well under tight deadlines and other pressures while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative.
- Creative and value-added orientation.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). InterAction and Adobe skills a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Assistant Director Client Development - Litigation, Marketing & BD Managers, and practice group leaders to support the development and execution of marketing and client development plans, industry group plans, and firm-wide initiatives to advance practice group goals.
- Coordinate and support the preparation of new business proposals, client presentations, and responses to RFPs.
- Track and maintain practice group experience and representative matters for proposals, directory submissions, website updates, brochures, etc.
- Coordinate and implement client webinars and events, including organizing webinar logistics, assessing venues, coordinating with venue event staff, working with marketing communications team to prepare invitations and other event communications, monitoring RSVPs, and preparing post event reports.
- Identify, assess, and coordinate participation in conferences, seminars, forums, sponsorships, and speaking and writing opportunities and ensure effective participation.
- Assist with securing CLE accreditation for group programming and distribute CLE certificates to client’s post-event.
- Develop and maintain segmented client and prospect mailing lists.
- Support logistical and other activities related to lateral integration.
- Record client development activities, efforts, and results in department-wide tracking database.
- Produce and disseminate weekly internal report on previous and upcoming client development activities.
- Draft, review, and proofread internal and external communications.
- Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Draft submissions for relevant practices for directory listings and other awards, including Chambers.
- Work with communications team to develop group marketing materials, including electronic client alerts and memoranda, website content, newsletters, brochures, and other external communication pieces.
- Maintain and develop client distribution lists for client communications.
- Produce and update as needed marketing materials such as brochures and descriptions.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, February 17, 2020