Patent Paralegal Needed - Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh, PA
Patent Paralegal_Pittsburgh, PA
- JOB TITLE: Paralegal (IP)
- Health Sciences Department
- HOURS: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Position Description:
- Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures provides general support to the Firm's attorneys and their clients. Must be familiar with and observe the Firm's established policies and guidelines. Must maintain positive contact with attorneys (both the Firm's and outside counsel), support staff, and clients. Observes confidentiality of client and Firm matters.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of lawyers, assist with the preparation, filing, prosecution, and maintenance of domestic and foreign patent applications; prepare client letters, reporting status of applications and patents; review docket for deadlines; understand docket and deadlines and action needed on each file; inform responsible lawyer(s) of deadlines; assist with IP due diligence projects, as needed; track and enter billable hours, as required, in Elite.
- Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-20+ years in Patent Prosecution
- •Interpret and understand the rules of the USPTO, PCT and other international patent office’s relating to IP.
- •Experience in on-line IP database searching.
- •Experience using and/or understanding docketing software.
- •Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (specifically Word and Excel).
- •Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- •High attention to detail.
- •Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work productively under pressure, manage multiple priorities, track extensive deadlines.
- •Must be able to pursue projects to completion with a minimum of input or direction; and work effectively on a variety of simultaneously active matters in a fast-paced environment, and track extensive deadlines.
- •Must be willing to take initiative to ensure completion of tasks.
- •Maintain and observe confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- •Flexible, proactive, team player.
- •Interpersonal skills necessary in order to:
- •communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of attorneys and staff, and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact;
- •communicate with others at all levels within the Firm as well as clients and others from outside of the Firm; and
- •communicate both orally and electronically and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Related Training and Education Required:
- Qualified candidates typically have an undergraduate degree and/or paralegal certificate. Paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate legal department with a demonstrated knowledge of intellectual property patent prosecution legal concepts, terminology, principles and procedures is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
To view all of our open positions:
Monday, April 15, 2019