Junior to mid-level Corporate Paralegal - New York, NY
Law firm seeks the best and brightest talent to join our Administrative Staff team. Our employees are the future of Law firm so we invest in their training and development. Our environment embraces and encourages positive-minded professionals who seek to be challenged and acquire knowledge and skills in an atmosphere built on teamwork. Highly skilled and knowledgeable Administrative Staff assist our attorneys in successfully meeting and exceeding client needs and are vital to the overall success of the Firm.
The Corporate Paralegal will work closely with and provide support to the Corporate Department on Banking & Finance matters. The Corporate Paralegal will be responsible for assisting with the high volume corporate transactions involving UCC lien searches, corporate governance documentation and the preparation of summary charts.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential functions:
· Initiate lien searches, follow-up with service companies, prepare and review summary charts, prepare UCC filings, and organize acknowledgement copies. Search State and County offices for federal tax liens, UCC filings, deeds, mortgages and judgments. File & terminate UCC financing statements with state and county offices.
· Draft ancillary documents under attorney supervision (e.g., officer's certificates, bylaws, and corporate resolutions), notes, and agent for service of process letters, stock certificates, stock powers and collateral receipt letters.
· Proofread and revise transaction documents (e.g., Credit Agreement, Security Agreement, etc.)
· Review, draft, and prepare legal documents; conduct due diligence and research; manage information using Firm databases;
· Prepare and organize documentation for pre-closing, closing and post-closings;
· Organize and distribute originally executed agreements to client and outside counsel. Compile and index documents for preparation of closing binder. Assemble and distribute closing binders in a timely fashion.
· Form, amend, qualify and dissolve business entities;
· Provide overflow assistance to peers/team members within department to further enhance departmental operations; and promote a positive work and team environment;
· Exhibit technical skills consistent with new and existing Firm technology and is proficient with respect to filing procedures and filing jurisdictions;
· Maintain time records ensuring accurate and timely release of Intapp entries;
· Assume other duties and/or assists with special projects as requested by the Paralegal Supervisor;
· Develop and maintain excellent customer service relationships with clients, attorneys, vendors, and administrative staff;
· Adhere to Firm policies and procedures and supports Firm’s initiatives;
· Attend training classes and completes annual training requirements for skills enhancement;
· Observe confidentiality of all Firm matters and performs under the guidelines of the Administrative Staff Principles (attached); and
· Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· A minimum of 2 years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant
· Strong communication, organizational and research skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
· Must be highly motivated, self-starter, creative and possess the ability to work under pressure with demanding deadlines
· Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to confidentially and graciously interact with attorneys, clients and other support staff
· Strong clerical and typing skills as well as proficiency in Word, Excel, Position also requires the ability to travel and to work overtime as necessary
· Law firm experience is preferred
· BA/BS with strong academic record
· Understands and applies current information, technology, resources, methods and procedures necessary to perform assigned work.
· Accepts responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes; does not make excuses for errors or problems. Understands that their individual performance directly affects business results.
· Analyzes problems, develops effective solutions and understands implications of solutions. Makes appropriate and timely decisions.
· Communicates clearly and concisely in written / verbal communications. Proactively communicates to facilitate workflow, teamwork and efficiency. Chooses appropriate communication tools and utilizes technology to facilitate communications.
· Produces high quality work; is efficient, accurate and has good attention to detail; consistently strives to improve performance; seeks opportunities to develop professionally and expand job knowledge. Displays high level of personal integrity.
· Works effectively with co-workers as part of the team to get the job accomplished. Flexible and open-minded; willing to share and exchange ideas/suggestions.
· Actively listens and responds to needs of others; interacts with co-workers in a tactful, respectful and positive manner. Contributes to a productive work environment by valuing diversity and the differences in people and ideas.
· Demonstrates knowledge of, and adheres to, Firm policies and procedures; effectively manages PTO and punctuality and ensures that Workday and Intapp entries (where applicable) are accurate and made on a timely basis.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations, probably $55k-$65k+)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement