Practice Support Specialist (Tax) - DC
- Washington, DC
Practice Support Specialist (Tax) - Washington, DC
We are working with a major law firm that seeks a Practice Support Specialist for its Washington, DC office. This position is responsible for supporting attorneys on major tax related cases, maintaining and organizing large files (physical and electronic), conducting legal research, and drafting documents at the direction of a supervising attorney. They will perform full range of paralegal tasks from case inception through discovery, trial, post-trial proceedings and case closure.
- Know how to research and look up the various courts' local rules regarding filing deadlines, and pull filings from a Court's docket system.
- Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles.
- Draft correspondence and legal documents such as: discovery, pleading shells, proofs of service, and other relevant briefs.
- Prepare exhibits and supporting documentations for court filings.
- Cite check, Shepardize and proofread briefs.
- Generate Table of Content & Table of Authority. Understand Firm's formatting templates, styles and guidelines.
- Understand how to assist with and complete court filings (manual and ECF).
- Understand the process to serving discovery and other pleadings on opposing parties, while maintaining an organized filing system.
- General knowledge in eDiscovery, and particularly the use of Relativity to facilitate management of matter.
- Maintain docket/calendar deadlines and be able to remind team of important deadlines.
- Take initiative (i.e. trouble-shooting) in certain instances when there is insufficient and/or lack of instructions.
- Maintain professional interaction with clients, attorneys, and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree.
- ABA accredited paralegal certificate (preferred).
- 3-10+ years experience, tax / tax litigation background (preferred).
- Strong technology skills, and familiar with various legal database programs such as Relativity, Compulaw, Lexis and E-filing portals.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Well-developed and sophisticated organization, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong project management skills, and ability to work on multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Experience with trial preparation a plus.
- Experience with case management.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Friday, September 13, 2019