Litigation & eDiscovery Support Coordinator - SF
- San Francisco, CA
Litigation and eDiscovery Support Coordinator - San Francisco, CA
One of our top law firm's seeks a Litigation and eDiscovery Support Coordinator with knowledge of the litigation process with a strong understanding of the use of technology to support the efforts of the legal team and a special emphasis on electronic discovery, document production, document management, and trial preparation and automation.
- Responsible for firm-wide electronic discovery processes and resources.
- Consult with legal teams to identify best practices and establish processes for the identification, preservation, collection, analysis, processing, review, and presentation of electronic discovery materials.
- Deliver training and keep current in the area of practice support technology.
- Provide guidance to attorneys and paralegals regarding use of technology to improve efficiency.
- Standardize and manage outside electronic discovery vendors.
- Be a thought leader on issues of litigation support and electronic discovery and be an internal advocate for the use of technology in all phases of document collection and processing inside and out of litigation.
Practice Technology Support and Guidance:
- Advise attorneys, paralegals and other personnel in all offices in the use of automated litigation support tools for preparation of litigation and regulatory matters and for trial, mediation, and arbitration.
- Design, create, and support document databases, indexes, transcripts, and images in Casepoint, Relativity, CaseMap, TextMap, and other litigation support applications.
- Direct, consult, and assist personnel firm-wide with electronic data management, file formatting, electronic discovery, document indexing, conversion of data, design and preparation of materials for trial, and other technological aspects of litigation support.
- Coordinate projects with team members, internal customers, external clients, and vendors.
- Maintain relationship with litigation support vendors, including management of projects and deadlines and communication of requirements and deadlines. Manage volume of data and proper archival/deletion process of data.
- Provide software and case-specific training and support on using Practice Support tools (e.g., Casepoint, Relativity, CaseMap, TextMap, TimeMap, and TrialDirector) and web-hosted review platforms.
- Develop Practice Support training programs for attorneys and staff.
- Prepare and circulate tips/features or updates for litigation software.
- Serve as a member of the firm’s Technology and Innovation Committee.
- Prepare detailed project estimates and budgets for case automation.
- Manage data storage for client cases; work with attorneys and IT department regarding database storage requirements and legal aspects of document retention.
- Keep current on practice groups automation needs; participate in practice group meetings.
- Strive to meet benchmark of 1200+ client billable hours per year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Coordination with Firm Departments and Outside Vendors:
- Plan with the Chief Information Officer to purchase and implement the required software and training to properly support the litigation practice as well as other practice groups.
- Collaborate with the IT department to ensure database integrity, security, and availability. Work with IT department to diagnose and correct system and software problems.
- Manage project set up, scanning, coding, OCRing and electronic conversion of documents with outside vendors. Prepare guidelines for use of outsourced vendors.
- Perform, or oversee, internal production functions such as scanning, OCRing, and electronic conversion.
- Ensure that client and firm events requiring multiple integrated resources such as trials and hearings receive appropriate support; manage laptop and peripheral equipment to support events.
- Provide hands-on and presentation training to firm personnel in all relevant practice/litigation support services and software.
- Train paralegals in litigation support and eDiscovery platforms, practices, and tactics with goal of providing sufficient depth of knowledge to each paralegal to provide succession and coverage for litigation and eDiscovery support coordinator.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of relevant software and technology and promote recognition of position as effective “go to” person for assistance.
- Keep current and continually develop depth in relevant software and technology solutions such as, Casepoint, Relativity, TrialDirector, CaseMap, TextMap, TimeMap, Adobe Pro, and web-hosted review tools.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years’ experience in electronic discovery, litigation automation, and case management.
- Prior experience as senior paralegal or case manager is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and other products (e.g., TrialDirector, Relativity, CaseMap, TextMap, TimeMap, Adobe Pro, and other web-based review tools).
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audience.
- Ability to work extended hours when required.
Friday, May 10, 2019