Senior Public Relations Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Senior Public Relations Manager
(This position can be located in any of the following offices in California: Los Angeles, Redwood Shores or San Francisco)
Marketing & Business Development Department
Reports To: Director of Public Relations
Based in California, the Senior Public Relations Manager is responsible for helping increase the firm’s visibility across our California offices and practices globally. This position reports to the Director of Public Relations and plays an integral role on the firm’s Public Relations team, including developing successful media campaigns, securing strategic media coverage, leveraging social media to promote the firm and its content, and drafting award submissions and press releases. Ideal candidates must have the ability to communicate persuasively and concisely. Candidates must be able to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative global team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Public Relations to develop and implement communications plans for key practice and industry groups across the firm.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with legal trade, financial, and mainstream media to increase the profile of the firm, practice groups, and partners in key practice areas.
- Collaborate closely with California partners to understand market challenges, business opportunities, and competitive elements and align our public relations strategy in the market to address them.
- Create and implement effective PR campaigns for individual lawyers and practice and industry groups that support client development goals.
- Identify appropriate third-party commentary topics and industry trends and proactively reach out to reporters to secure interview opportunities and media coverage.
- Leverage firm content across various social media platforms.
- Place attorney-written articles at legal, business, and industry publications.
- Draft various editorial-based award submissions for media outlets such as Law360 and American Lawyer.
- Drive and support other priority initiatives as required by business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- Minimum of five years of PR experience in the professional services industry, preferably in a law firm.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented in all tasks, including excellent proofreading and research skills.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a highly collaborative team.
- Strong client service ethic.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the firm.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to travel to each of the firm’s California offices, as needed.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
Monday, November 19, 2018