Human Resources Manager - Oakland
- Oakland, CA
Human Resources Manager – Oakland, CA
Midsized law firm is recruiting for a Human Resources Manager in its Human Resources Department. This is an exempt position reporting to the Director of Human Resources and is located in the Firm’s Oakland office.
The Human Resources Manager provides the full range of human resources services to the Firm.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Administer Firm-wide non-attorney recruiting and hiring (in conjunction with Legal Support Manager for paralegals and secretaries), with duties including but not limited to identifying job-posting venues, drafting postings, tracking and reviewing responses, managing recruiter contracts and contacts, conducting staff screening interviews, overseeing background and conflict checks, and preparing offer letters;
- Ensure FMLA/CFRA and ADA/FEHA compliance and track employee leaves;
- Manage leave issues, including preparing leave plans and interfacing with employees and supervisors, and consult with HR Director on complex situations;
- Administer the Firm’s new-hire orientation process;
- Administer the Firm’s off-boarding process, with duties including but not limited to conducting exit interviews;
- Coordinate with and advise Finance Dept. regarding payroll compliance issues;
- Manage employee transition issues (for both involuntary/voluntary terminations);
- Review local employment/labor laws to ensure that Firm’s contractual obligations are satisfied when Firm’s attorney-client agreements or requests for proposals require compliance with local employment/labor law;
- Assist the HR Director with the annual attorney and staff review processes, with duties including but not limited to obtaining current legal-industry salary data, interfacing with reviewers to collect comments, and preparing cumulative written reviews for use by supervisors;
- Collaborate with HR Director in monitoring developments in employment and benefit laws and suggest related policy updates;
- Plan and coordinate HR events such as Staff Appreciation Week activities;
- Advise/troubleshoot with supervisors who face complex interpersonal and/or management issues;
- Maintain current versions of all Firm job descriptions for consistency and legal compliance;
- Continually monitor HR policies for revision/improvement and consult with Human Resources Director regarding handbook revisions;
- Maintain composure and work efficiently and accurately during stressful, high-energy circumstances involving frequently changing priorities;
- Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality at all times;
- Travel to regional Firm offices as necessary;
- Work overtime hours as necessary;
- Demonstrate excellent customer support;
- Maintain regular and predicable, on-site attendance;
- Work cordially, cooperatively and productively with Firm employees; and
- Other duties as required.
The following qualifications are required unless otherwise noted:
- A minimum of five (5) years of HR experience, with HR experience at a law firm preferred;
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification strongly preferred but not required;
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Understanding of HRIS systems and applications;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete numerous tasks while under time constraints;
- Ability to provide information with courtesy and tact while safeguarding confidentiality;
- Ability to manage staff who fulfill a variety of job roles;
- Concise and accurate written communication skills;
- Confident and precise verbal communication skills;
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in wherever and whenever needed;
- Project management skills;
- Customer service attitude and demeanor; and
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
To view all of our open positions:
Tuesday, April 9, 2019