Insurance Coverage and Litigation Associate – San Francisco
The ideal candidate will have to have insurance coverage experience or have a desire to enter into insurance coverage. The litigation component to the job is defending an insurer or an insured.
The San Francisco office of a national law firm is looking for an Insurance Coverage and Litigation Associate.
As an insurance coverage associate, you will help evaluate and resolve interesting, complex coverage issues that result in positive outcomes for our insurer clients. We know that the word "insurance" does not always have a positive connotation, but we pride ourselves on mastering unique issues that arise on a daily basis. Our goal is to provide flawless advice and service to our clients, which is especially important when dealing complex coverage issues.
As part of a small team, you’ll work with partners, associates and clients to resolve coverage issues and disputes. We're looking for people that approach problem solving pro-actively, and have the ability to both work independently and collaborate with peers. We do not need a person with coverage experience, but we do need someone who can get the details right, and be an effective communicator. Is that you? Join our team!
What you'll be doing:
Creative problem solving for our insurer clients, including:
· Preparing coverage opinions to insurer clients
· Litigating disputed matters
· Negotiating successful settlements with other insurers and insureds
· Learning and mastering new, specialized coverages including intellectual property and professional liability
What you'll need:
· Admission to California State Bar
· 2 – 5 years of experience in a law firm or in-house position
· Strong analytical skills
· Attention to detail (Is your Blue Book tabbed?)
· Independent Initiative – including the ability to investigate, evaluate and make recommendations that include a plan of action
· A good sense of humor
Additional consideration for:
· Prior experience in insurance coverage, whether at a firm or insurance company
· Prior experience litigating complex matters
· Admission to WA, OR, NV, AZ or other Western States
· Good wall art
1,940 billable target
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send along candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.