Billing and Client Relationship Manager - Oakland
- Oakland, CA
Billing and Client Relationship Manager - Oakland, CA ($95k-$130k)
We are working with a mid-sized law firm that seeks a Billing and Client Relationship Manager in its Finance and Billing Department. The Billing and Client Relationship Manager collaborates with the Director of Finance to produce and oversee prompt and efficient billing processes to clients on a monthly basis. This role supervises and communicates with Billing Specialists and maintain high client relationships on billing and collection.
- Manage the Firm’s billing and collections processes;
- Manage a team of Billing Specialists, assess work product, and provide hands-on oversight and support;
- Prepare all necessary monthly reports;
- Collaborate with the Conflicts Group on New Business Forms and Conflicts;
- Develop and maintain billing templates for client invoices for billing systems;
- Interact and respond timely with Principals, Attorneys, and Secretaries on all billing inquires and rate approvals;
- Oversee billing processes and procedures, and implement any necessary changes that will enhance production;
- Communicate and collaborate operational changes with Finance Director and staff;
- Conduct monthly meetings with the Billing Group to improve process efficiencies, promote communication among group members, and resolve questions;
- Confirm Trust balances before transferring to general ledger;
- Monitor unapplied cash balances and work with billing staff and attorneys to apply;
- Coordinate with consultants and other outside vendors;
- Provide backup support to Accounting Group when needed;
- Demonstrate commitment to quality, customer service, and teamwork;
- Work extended hours as needed;
- Work on-site on a regular, punctual, and reliable schedule;
- Work cordially, cooperatively, and productively with all Firm employees;
- Remain calm and focused and work efficiently and accurately during high-energy situations involving frequently changing priorities;
- Calculate automatic and potential CPI increases outlined in existing contracts;
- Create rate surveys for certain types of clients using firm's existing rates with similar clients and online research to supplement with broader industry rate data; and
- Perform other functions as assigned.
- A four-year degree from an accredited university or college;
- 8-10+ years of progressively responsible work experience as a billing/accounting department and or operational managerial role in a law firm or professional services firm;
- Effective leader, capable of managing and motivating direct reports;
- Experience with legal billing software preferably from a mid to large law firm;
- Must have strong technology skills including MS Office Suite and the ability to leverage technology. Experience with Rainmaker and Smart Time software is a plus;
- Experience with task based billing processes is preferred but not required;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and update skills as required by the position;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints and within budget;
- Strong written and verbal skills;
- Excellent judgment, creative, quick study and independent ability to problem solve and make decisions;
- Polished and professional demeanor;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate in person and by phone with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and vendors to provide information with courtesy and tact.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Friday, October 11, 2019