Case Assistant - SF
- San Francisco, CA
Case Assistant - San Francisco, CA
This position will work within their Contentious Trust and Litigation Groups, assisting attorneys by preparing documents for production, drafting discovery, preparing, tracking and responding to subpoenas, organizing and/or maintaining case files, updating and maintaining databases, obtaining information from internal and external sources and performing other administrative tasks. Also provides support to paralegals and attorneys with specific projects related to the management of civil litigation matters, complex probate, conservatorship and trust administrations.
- Organizes document production, and creates timelines of these documents for attorney review.
- Use firm operating systems to calendar relevant litigation, trust administration and tax deadlines for attorneys and firm employees.
- Prepare, respond to, coordinate and propound written discovery.
- Review and organize documents produced during discovery or otherwise.
- Coordinate and communicate discovery and document issues with witnesses and clients.
- Prepare case management statements, declarations, and other documentation to be filed by the Court under the supervision of attorneys.
- Research public records using public websites.
- Assist with preparing a variety of documents, forms, charts, letters, etc.
- Prepares binders, makes copies, enters data and maintains files.
- Performs database research and data entry.
- Draft and track Authorizations for the Release of Medical, Financial, and/or Business records.
- Assists paralegals and attorneys with mailings and filings.
- Shepardize citations.
- Provide support during trial as needed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- SPECIFIC SKILLS DESIRED:
- Strong preference for a minimum of 1+ years' experience as a litigation or estate administration case assistant or paralegal, or experience in a closely related field.
- Must possess strong technical skills, including typing, and have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with iManage/FileSite (or other document management system), Elite, and
- Compulaw preferred but not required.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills – the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work independently when/if required.
- Familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to the area of assignment.
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a preference for the degree to be in accounting, tax or a related field.
- Paralegal Certificate strongly preferred.
Tuesday, January 8, 2019