Corporate Paralegal - San Diego
- San Diego, CA
Corporate Paralegal – San Diego, CA (Sorrento Valley)
Major law firm seeks an experienced Corporate paralegal to join their growing San Diego office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide paralegal support in a large law firm, performing tasks related to all aspects of emerging growth companies and venture capital clients, including general corporate, mergers and acquisitions, financing and securities related matters.
- Drafting and filing documents to incorporate/form, register/qualify, amend, convert and dissolve entities of all types in California and other jurisdictions, including organizational packages, various state registrations, applications for employer identification numbers, and stock issuances.
- Assisting with all aspects of mergers, stock purchases, asset purchases, reorganizations and restructurings.
- Drafting convertible note and preferred stock financing documents and handling closings.
- Preparing and filing applications with the SEC to obtain CIK numbers and EDGAR access codes; prepare and submit Form D security exemption notice filings, Form IDs, conduct Blue Sky research, and process state security exemption filings in connection with private placement financings, and the sale and issuance of stock, warrants, convertible notes, and membership interests.
- Provide direct support to clients and use discretion to handle matters involving an attorney.
- Maintain positive relationships with firm attorneys, co-counsel, clients and vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, business maturity and discretion.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Highly motivated, priority-driven, and collaborative.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Keep accurate time records.
- Observe confidentiality of client matters.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree, and certificate of completion from a paralegal training program, American Bar Association (ABA) approval preferred.
- Possess at least 3 years (3-25 years) of Corporate Paralegal experience.
- Real Estate experience as a paralegal a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations).
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
*Major law firm recognizes the American Bar Association (ABA) definition of the duties and responsibilities of a paralegal and incorporates it as a basic element of the following description. A legal assistant or paralegal is a person, qualified by education, training or work experience who is employed or retained by a lawyer, law office, corporation, governmental agency or other entity and who performs specifically delegated substantive* legal work for which a lawyer is responsible. Substantive is further defined by Major law firm LLP as: work which, for the most part, requires a sufficient knowledge of legal concepts that, absent such assistance, the attorney would perform.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
Monday, November 19, 2018