Technical Analyst - SF
- San Francisco, CA
Technical Analyst - San Francisco, CA
One of our top law firms seeks a Technical Analyst for its San Francisco office. Position will be responsible, along with other LSS Dept staff, for supporting the activities of the LSS Analysts and Project Managers on active cases firm wide. In addition to direction and supervision by the Manager of Technical Services, specific direction on cases and projects will often come from attorneys and paralegals, as well as LSS Analysts and Project Managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with LSS Project Managers, other Analysts, case teams, and third-party service providers to assist in document and digital content collection, organization, distribution (to co-counsel, clients, third-parties, etc.), and production, in connection with litigation matters.
- Coordinating with LSS Project Managers to accurately and efficiently ensure (i) the timely flow of data and on-line availability of document images and other digital content collections for review, organization, and production, as well as (ii) the technical and functional quality of database content and associated document images in LSS systems.
- Utilizing the firm’s various software tools, as well as any that may be case-specific to carry out day-to-day database manipulation, reporting, and related document image, index metadata, and native file collection administration, as directed.
- Manipulates and prepares early case reports of load files and raw data using tools such as Microsoft Access, Excel, text editors, dtSearch, and LAW.
- Prepares small document collections for review by processing data using LAW. Also coordinates similar processing for larger collections with outside processing providers at the direction of senior members of LSS.
- Provide estimates for the time to complete tasks and provide regular status updates to case teams and LSS team members regarding tasks like data copying, document processing, loading, indexing, conversion, and production preparation.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by LSS or firm management in furtherance of litigation support on active cases.
- Minimum of three years of work experience with current Windows-based computer database systems and current office-productivity software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Minimum of two years of work experience with any of the current document image management systems and PC-based databases in common use in law firms or corporate legal departments, such as Concordance, Summation, Opticon, IPRO, Doculex, and online repository and review systems such as Applied Discovery, Ringtail, Relativity, and/or Kroll’s EDV.
- Preferred, but not required, is at least two years of work experience as a litigation paralegal litigation support, or information technology staff member in an Am Law 200 firm or a Fortune 1000 corporate legal department.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail, specifically when working with databases and other computer-based indices and digital content.
- Ability to quickly learn new PC-based software, as acquired by the firm and/or its clients, and procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a geographically dispersed team.
- Manual dexterity and visual function to use the firm’s computer systems in the performance of the role.
- Able to travel and work overtime as needed.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- BS/BA preferred but not required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, September 9, 2019