Venture Technology Attorney (Tech Transactions) – NY
- New York, NY
Venture Technology Attorney (Tech Transactions) – New York, NY
With global reach from offices in key technology markets around the world, including Silicon Valley, New York, Boston, Vancouver, Toronto, London, Berlin, Moscow and Beijing, this firm offers a unique perspective on evolving industry trends and emerging market opportunities. Operating as a boutique within a top 10 global firm, Firms' US Venture Technology practice provides nimble, seasoned counsel to technology and life sciences companies and venture capital firms in key markets nationwide.
The New York office of one of our top firms is seeking an associate with 5-8+ years of experience to join its rapidly growing and innovative Global Venture Technology practice. This is a unique chance to join a team of lawyers who are passionate about sophisticated, efficient client service as well as building brand in the marketplace. The Global Venture Technology group is uniquely situated as a boutique practice within a large, global law firm. The attorney would be resident in its Venture Technology Centre in the Meatpacking District with some travel to other offices required.
- Advising clients regarding contractual matters, as well as internet, social media, marketing, native advertising, prize promotions, endorsements, testimonials, open source, privacy, data security and e-commerce-related issues for a wide range of clients including, media and entertainment companies, technology platforms, retailers, social media companies, adtech companies, mobile app providers, cloud storage providers and telecommunication companies, financial services, software licensors, developers
- Counseling venture capital firms and emerging companies in day to day affairs and acting as quarterback on overall legal needs
- Handling transactional work, including venture financings, exits and working capital arrangements
- Representing the interests of venture firms and other sources of capital in transactional matters
- Helping to build relationships with clients and the broader ecosystem
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5-8+ years of legal experience is required
- Experience with competitive firms in the tech sector is preferred
- Familiarity with trademarks is a plus
- Should be licensed to practice law in the State of New York and be in good standing
- Excellent academic credentials
- Is diligent and hard working
- Is detail oriented
- Is ambitious, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Has a passion for innovation
- Possesses strong analytical skills
- Is good on one's feet with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Embraces teamwork and exhibits confidence
Competitive salary and benefits package accompanied by excellent professional and business development opportunities.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, February 25, 2020