IP Litigation Paralegal – DC
- Washington, DC
IP Litigation Paralegal – Washington, DC ($90k-$110k+ DOE)
One of our top law firms seeks a creative, dedicated litigation paralegal to join its talented and fast-growing intellectual property and advertising litigation team. This position is responsible for providing paralegal support and assistance to attorneys in the coordination, management, and supervision of all aspects of intellectual property and advertising litigation. This position requires client contact and maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creatively uncover evidence to develop the factual record in litigations.
- Work with attorneys to draft litigation documents including pleadings, discovery requests and responses, subpoenas, and arrange for service of process of same.
- Prepare witness binders and other materials to assist attorneys in taking and defending depositions and other witness testimony.
- Organize and maintain documentation and case files in complex litigation matters.
- Manage and advise litigation team of deadlines, case schedule, events, and changes.
- Coordinate document collection, review, and production under the supervision of attorneys.
- Cite check legal briefs and memoranda according to Blue Book standards.
- Prepare related Table of Contents, Table of Authorities, and Appendices.
- Assist in preparation for trial.
- Determine and maintain electronic database needs for large case management.Monitor databases.
- Summarize depositions, court transcripts, and briefs.
- Maintain up-to-date time reports to ensure accurate client billing.
- On a case-by-case basis, may supervise the work performed by Project Assistant and/or Paralegal I and II staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Firm’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training, and providing input into the performance appraisal process.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the Trademark, Copyright, Patent (Intellectual Property) and Litigation practice areas preferably in a law firm environment.
- Experience with Advertising litigation and counsel is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years IP litigation experience working with voluminous document records and complex legal issues.
- Cite checking experience and Blue Book skills are required.
- Working knowledge of PACER and Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF) procedures is required.
- Legal research knowledge and ability to use law library are required.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited paralegal program a plus.
- Computer proficient with experience and working knowledge of Westlaw and other litigation-related databases, litigation support and trial presentation software (Concordance, LiveNote, Relativity), Internet research, due diligence, Excel, Outlook, and MS Word required.
- Applicable knowledge of the principles of judicial and administrative processes and filing requirements, and experience working with methods of legal research, court rules and procedures, litigation terminology and documentation, docketing procedures, and bates numbering.
- Knowledge and experience working with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and its filing procedures and systems.
- Applicable knowledge and understanding of all components of U.S. and foreign patent and trademark principals, rules, and regulations with respect to filing procedures and requirements especially regarding Internet filing capabilities.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative with excellent analytical, technical, and critical-thinking skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic in order to analyze and research litigation-related data, process information, conduct legal research, and perform essential duties.
- Creativity, dedication, teamwork, and a desire to help clients achieve the best results possible every day.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information.
- Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e mail, or verbally.
- Excellent writing skills and interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and outside contacts.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to act independently and make decisions within scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and oversee numerous tasks from inception to completion, and ensure work is completed within strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment, and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Possess excellent knowledge of reading, writing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, and formatting in order to interpret source data, prepare litigation documents and forms, proofread material for grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors, and perform file maintenance.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, calculator, scanner, facsimile, CD burner, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation and copies, or office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Work occasionally requires more than 37.5 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Ability and availability to travel to other Firm locations when required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, November 25, 2019