Regional Legal Personnel and Recruitment Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
One of our prestigious firms is seeking a Regional Legal Personnel and Recruitment Manager who will manage the local delivery of all Legal Personnel and Development processes and programs for lawyers in the firm's Palo Alto, Los Angeles and Denver offices.
Responsible for the effective, efficient, and consistent delivery of personnel, recruitment, professional development, and communications services including, but not limited to, all aspects of attorney recruiting and hiring, the summer associate program, legal training and professional development programs, attorney arrivals/departures, integration, retention, evaluation, compensation, and promotion for the Palo Alto, Los Angeles, and Denver offices.
The Regional Legal Personnel and Recruitment Manager should work collaboratively to contribute to achieving the firm's and Legal Personnel and Development Department’s goals and objectives.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the Career Advancement Program, manages local team support in the implementation of lawyer evaluation, retention, compensation and promotion programs and processes in the West Coast and Denver offices and ensures excellent delivery of services regarding same.
- Provides local support of the Associates, Senior Associates and Counsel Committees.
- Manages orientation, onboarding, integration, offboarding and outplacement programs and efforts in the West Coast and Denver offices. Collaborates with department and office leadership regarding lawyer headcount.
- Oversees local team support of the Work-Life Balance Committee, Women’s Leadership Initiative, Diversity Committee and the Associates Committee Task Force (ACTF) in the West Coast and Denver offices.
- Handles employee relations issues, serving as a resource and providing counsel, when appropriate, to all attorneys on personnel issues, leaves, career questions and employee relations matters.
Summer Associate Program
- In collaboration with the Managing Director of LP&D, successfully designs, manages and evaluates all aspects of the firm’s Summer Associate Program including, pre-arrival processes and communications, orientation, mentoring program with partners and associates, social and community service events, diversity events and initiatives, educational and special firm programming.
- In conjunction with Hiring Partners, Summer Program Co-Chairs, and Practice Managers generates interest and solicits substantive summer associate work assignments and observational opportunities from the firm’s practice areas and pro bono programs.
- In conjunction with Hiring Partners and Managing Director of LP&D , manages the evaluation and offer process for summer associates.
Law School and Judicial Clerk Recruitment
- In collaboration with the Hiring Partners and Managing Director of LP&D, effectively and efficiently manages the judicial clerk and law school student recruitment process including supporting efforts for the firm’s branding initiatives and targeted law school communications.
- With the Hiring Partners, leads the Hiring Committee and oversees successful on-campus and in-office interviewing, effective offer extension and follow up. Successfully meets hiring targets.
- Ensures accuracy of recruitment data. Creates and maintains recruitment reports, metrics and analysis for internal and external purposes.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent application of firm wide recruitment policies and procedures.
- Proposes and implements strategy for law student outreach and law student intern program(s) through communications with law school placement offices, email campaigns to 1Ls, contact with student groups, and other means.
Lateral Attorney Hiring
- In collaboration with Legal Recruitment Managers, locally manages aspects of the non-partner and partner lateral attorney recruitment processes.
- In coordination with the Legal Recruitment Managers (as appropriate), ensures the successful development of relationships with external clients including lateral and technology specialist candidates and recruitment firms on the West Coast and in Denver.
- Works with members of the Professional Development and Training team to implement training programs to maximize effectiveness and quality.
- Works with internal and external presenters to deliver effective training for attorneys of all levels from summer associate to partner.
- Works with the other Professional Development and Training Managers to manage the training and development team firm-wide.
- Identifies and coordinates internal and external resources for the delivery of competency and practice related skills such as legal writing and research, oral communication and presentation, managerial skills and business development.
- Keeps abreast of trends in professional development for attorneys and evaluates seminar content and presenter effectiveness to ensure efficient delivery of material content and attorney interest on topic.
- Provides referral services as necessary to attorneys with specific training and/or development needs.
- Increases firm awareness of internal and external training and development opportunities.
- In coordination with the functional Directors, ensures localized implementation of the firm's strategic goals, objectives, and initiatives. Assesses and measures effectiveness of same on the West Coast and Denver offices.
- In collaboration with functional leaders, ensures a smart and flexible expense and headcount budget for the West Coast and Denver offices aligned with the firm's strategic goals, objectives, and initiatives. Manages monthly monitoring of accounts, anticipates and resolves discrepancies.
- In coordination with the Functional Directors as appropriate, hires, develops, evaluates, and compensates the Legal Personnel & Development team on the West Coast and in Denver.
- Actively participates in the Firm Wide Hiring Oversight Committee to help align recruitment efforts, best practices and strategy across offices.
- Ensures accuracy of recruitment and interview process data and assists with Affirmative Action plan compliance and reporting.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned, including the management of various firm wide and/or department wide projects.
- Strong leadership and management skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent written and analytical skills, and ability to multi-task are required.
- Strong oral communication and inter-personal skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team environment is critical. Motivation and drive are important.
- Successful time management skills are required.
- Strong technical skills on the following applications preferred: Excel, PowerPoint, LawCruit, viDesktop.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities; excellent attention to detail; ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant legal, personnel or recruitment experience along with prior management experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and organizational skills.
Friday, February 8, 2019