Litigation Secretary - SF
- San Francisco, CA
Litigation Secretary - San Francisco, CA
We are working with a top law firm that seeks a Legal Secretary with at least 5-15+ years of experience to join its San Francisco office. The desk is primarily litigation but may include some corporate. Duties & Responsibilities
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Provide detailed and high-level secretarial and administrative support in a Secretarial Service Center (SSC) consisting of a Team of 2 or 3 secretaries.
- Coordinate and maintain effective office procedures and efficient work flow; comply with policies and procedures set by the Firm; establish and maintain harmonious working relationships; foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Work effectively with other secretaries within the assigned SSC; provide occasional coverage to other SSC’s on the floor when needed and volunteer for overflow work assignments when time permits; must be able to collaborate and work in a shared work space and be accessible to both lawyers and other secretaries.
- Work closely to mentor, share knowledge, best practices and answer any Firm policy and procedural questions for assigned Legal Secretary I incumbents.Provide guidance when necessary and lead by example.
- Schedule client meetings, reserve conference rooms, coordinates audio visual equipment and food needs via CovReservations.
- Registers Firm guests through Passage Point.
- Coordinate all aspects of lawyers’ travel arrangements (domestic and international) and prepare travel itineraries; monitor and process travel reimbursements in a timely manner; maintain Outlook calendar and monitor crucial due dates for lawyers as required.
- Organize, coordinate and communicate pertinent information with other team members.
- Monitor lawyers’ incoming emails as directed and when required.
- Answers phones and direct callers as required.
- Receive, register and assist visitors as required.
- Type, revise and proofread general correspondence, memos, legal documents, reports in Excel, etc. from various sources (e.g., handwritten notes, tape dictation).
- Prepare draft communication outlined by lawyer as required.
- Ensure accuracy and clarity of all work product in a timely manner.
- Utilize iManage document management system effectively as a central repository for all matter related documents.
- Establish and maintain records of documentation in a searchable electronic formats (hard copies only when necessary).
- File hard copy data and documents as necessary in a timely manner.
- Retrieve information from storage as requested.Send paper files to storage on a periodic basis.
- Use Records Management System to process files for storage and retrieval.
- Update subscription books as required.
- Maintain lawyers’ time in 3E, proofread and submit finalized time to Accounting on a daily basis (unless client directs otherwise).
- Maintain knowledge of client requirements for billing and prepares client billing as required.
- Prepare New Business Matter and updates list of client/matter codes.
- Maintains and follows through on all client billing matters.
- Maintains appropriate sense of urgency and completes all work assignments within agreed upon deadlines.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date lawyer preference information supported by the SSC reflecting specific instructions and expectations of the lawyers.
- Notify Secretarial Supervisor upon arrival every morning, via e-mail, and provide any pertinent information as required.
- Notify Secretarial Supervisor about availability to assist with overflow work.
- Coordinate any planned time out of the office (PTO) with Team members prior to submitting request to Secretarial Supervisor for approval.
- Deliver timesheets to Secretarial Supervisor for approval in a timely manner.All overtime must be pre-approved by Secretarial Services Manager and Supervisor.
- Mandatory participation in the Secretarial Certification Program.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Perform other duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for efficient functioning of the Department.
- High School diploma is required.
- College strongly encouraged.
- At least 5-15+ years of prior secretarial work experience in a law firm environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to manage workflow and delegate projects as necessary.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage deadlines.
- Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with various levels of staff within the organization.
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively with other employees.
- Ability to constantly learn new skills as they become necessary.
- Equipment: computer, duplicating machines, scanners.
- Systems: iManage, MS Office, Elite, 3E, Chrome River, CovReservation.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Wednesday, July 10, 2019