Client Account Specialist – Menlo Park, CA
· Manages billing and collections processes from engagement to collections. Ensures proper and accurate client account set up for billing, collection arrangements, and inventory management of assigned client portfolios. Develops and maintains strong collaborative relationships with attorneys throughout the full cycle of client invoicing and collections.
· Responsible for complete ownership of the billing and collections cycle for designated portfolios of client matters. Establishes, fosters, and maintains professional and collaborative relationships with attorneys, business services personnel, and clients to ensure compliance with both attorney and client specifications. Reviews rates for accuracy. Ensures fee arrangement is in line with the client's outside counsel guidelines.
· Monitors fee caps, tier discounts, and matter budgets. Escalates where potential issues might occur (delayed billings, exceeding fee cap, etc.).
· Manages proforma to final bill process. Ensures that the Matter Supervising Partners (MSP) receives accurate proformas and that they return their proformas in a timely manner.
· Submits finalized bills/eBills template format, adhering to attorney and client specifications. Ensures final bills have been submitted to the client and are posted in the finance system.
· Collaborates with the eBilling team regarding new client and matter eBilling set-ups. Collaborates with Client Maintenance team members to update appropriate fields, according to client billing guidelines.
· Submits invoices electronically, taking accountability for successful submission and troubleshooting issues. Proactively follows-up regarding acceptance and timely payment of eBills.
Communicates directly with clients as requested or as established, including following-up on eBilling collections and contacting clients as needed.
· Concisely communicates arrangements with MSP's and clients regarding their matters.
· Provides clients with requested information on any special billing and or collection arrangements.
· Responds to inquiries relating to accruals, billing, and payment information. Recommends solutions based on billing trends relating to realization. Prepares ad hoc reports upon request.
· Prepares effective monthly billing and collections forecasts for assigned portfolio. Maintains updated proforma status report. Ensures the system reflects the current status of all proformas. Establishes effective backup support processes (cross-training and knowledge transfer) ensuring seamless support for all portfolio matters.
· All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of Three (3) + years dedicated specialized billing, collections, and client services/account management experience.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business discipline preferred.
· Hands-on experience performing complex accounting analysis. Law firm or professional services background preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Basic math skills to perform billing and reporting tasks.
· Strong attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage large amounts of data. Ability to communicate effectively with lawyers, business services employees, and peers.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with flexibility for additional hours and travel.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement