Senior Insurance Practice Analyst – DC
- Washington, DC
Senior Insurance Practice Analyst – Washington, DC
We are working with a major Am Law 100 law firm that is seeking to add a Senior Insurance Practice Analyst in its DC office. This is a senior specialized para-professional position (Paralegal Department) focused on complex commercial insurance policy analysis and documentation in support of lawyers in the Firm’s preeminent Insurance Practice Group. This person would work closely with partners and other senior members of the practice group. This is Non-Exempt position.
- 5+ years of experience at an AMLAW 100/200 law firm/legal environment and/or specialized consulting firm, with extensive experience in the insurance industry consisting of at least 2 years of work in complex commercial policy review and analysis.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Accustomed to working with short deadlines and fast turnaround times.
- Able to work reasonable overtime as needed.
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university; JD, MBA, or other advanced degree is preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide initial policy review, coverage analysis, and documentation thereof, involving preparation of coverage databases based on such documents.
- Read and analyze policies including General Liability (both domestic and foreign), First Party Property, Workers Compensation & Employers Liability, and Directors & Officers Insurance.
- Create coverage charts, including electronic charts, which depict policy terms and conditions.
- Create policy language notebooks.
- Annotate policies to reflect additions and deletions in policy forms per endorsements.
- Assist with the Insurance due diligence for corporate transactions.
- Prepare London participation analyses and insolvency/solvency analyses.
- Prepare scheme filings and monitor insolvent & solvent schemes.
- Prepare policies, policy stipulations, secondary evidence, and underwriting documents for productions and review productions produced by defendants.
- Track insurer payments to clients and prepare and send bills to carriers for reimbursement of expenses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Firm management.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, February 24, 2020