Billing Specialist – New York
- New York, NY
Billing Specialist – New York, NY
A top firm with a strong reputation seeks a Billing Specialist in their New York Office. The team uses an E-billing hub and Elite. This is an independent working position but also part of a team. There will be direct interaction with assigned partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily activities of the billing function in support of Partners and Clients. This includes but is not limited to Proforma generation and edits, creating timecard summaries, updating matter and Timekeeper rates and running client reports at the request of the Partners and Attorneys.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and acceptance of invoices on a monthly basis. Show tenacity and drive in following up with Billing Partners and others in order to resolve client billing issues and ensure invoices are approved and billed.
- Understand and ensure correct implementation of client Outside Counsel Guidelines.
- Ensure electronic invoices (EDI) are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Must be highly detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates professional and highly-developed communication skills. Ability to deal professionally and courteously with attorneys, staff, vendors, and clients of the Firm while observing confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or two years of related experience in an accounting department
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Understanding of general accounting principals as they apply to Billings and A/R
- Excellent math aptitude
- Previous law firm experience
- Implementation of, or exposure to various client billing agreements
- Experience with electronic billing and electronic billing vendors
- Knowledge of Elite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office
Wednesday, January 9, 2019