Corporate Paralegal - Chicago
- Chicago, IL
CORPORATE PARALEGAL – CHICAGO, IL
Major law firm is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Paralegal department in Chicago as a Corporate Paralegal.
- Responsible for conducting research, coordinating document production and assisting the practice area attorneys with all aspects of filings, closings, and document review
- Document Retrieval: Status certificates, Charter documents, UCC Searches
- Corporate/LLC/LP/Trust Filings on the State Level: Checking name availability
- Arrange for name reservations in various states, as required, drafting resolutions including deal specific and annual meeting, drafting documents for filing in any state, formation, amendment, dissolution, merger, conversion, qualification/registration, UCC etc.
- Due Diligence: assist with document review and drafting review results
- Create and/or update closing memo, distribution of documents/signature pages, drafting closing certificates, control and maintenance of all relevant documents during the closing
- Post-closing assembly/distribution of closing documents and closing volumes
- Coordinate/oversee the work of the closing clerk, especially in post-closing process
- Blue-Sky Filings: Form D, State Filings
- Various types of SEC Filings: Section 16 - Form ID and Forms 3, 4, 5
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- BA degree required
- Paralegal certificate from ABA approved paralegal program a plus
- 6-20+ years of Corporate Paralegal experience
- Blue Sky filing experience required
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of CT Advantage.com, Inkspot or other similar websites and systems for the preparation of UCC and corporate forms and public record sharing also preferred
- Experience working with public/private financing, closing procedures, UCC (both preparation/filing of forms & lien searching), company/partnership formation and maintenance and public document retrieval
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work under deadline pressure
- Able to organize/prioritize work and handle many tasks simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills required
- Must be able to work independently or within a team setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed, with ability to travel for extended periods if necessary
- Lifting up 20 lbs.
They pay “big firm” rates
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
To view all of our open positions:
Monday, May 20, 2019