Billing Specialist - McLean
- West Mclean, VA
Billing Specialist - McLean, VA
We are working with a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Billing Specialist in their Northern Virginia office. They offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Billing Specialist will work effectively with internal and external customers and will possess the ability to analyze and resolve billing discrepancies and collections. This position will assist management with special projects, budget/forecast and reporting. This role requires a high aptitude for analysis, calculation, and accuracy. Candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling a variety of sophisticated billing processes including preparing detailed client bills, split billing requests, e-billing, and billing distribution.
- Interpret billing contracts, produce billing reports for staff as requested, resolve client issues regarding duplicates and over/underpayments.
- Work closely with attorneys, finance team, billing assistants to resolve account discrepancies.
- Work directly with clients, bank representatives and credit card merchant service personnel to assure our interval processes are compliant.
- Work closely with the technology team to maintain the firm's website updated, complaint and functional for clients’ credit card processing.
- Prepare daily financial reports for CFO, attorneys, and/or other ad hoc requests.
- Troubleshoot cash receipt items for all offices.
Skills & Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles, programs, systems.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and strategic thinking ability.
- Excellent organization, time management skills and precision to detail in order to meet many time sensitive billing requests.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are necessary to work with third party vendors, attorneys, clients, and other billing team members.
- Team player with strong client services commitment and able to successfully work in fast-paced environment.
- Able to multi-task, set priorities and deliver quality results.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Position requirements include: a minimum five (5) years’ experience with high volume legal billing in a large law firm. B.A. in accounting or finance preferred.
- Proficiency in Accounting software and Windows-based software, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required. Experience with CMS Open is a plus.
- Should also have experience with cash receipts and general ledger coding.
Firm is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It has been, and continues to be their goal, to foster a well-balanced workforce that contains a significant presence of minorities and women.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
To view all of our open positions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, April 8, 2019