IP Docket Specialist - Chicago
- Chicago, IL
IP Docket Specialist
Legal Support Services Chicago, IL
Major law firm currently has an excellent opportunity for an IP Docket Specialist in our Chicago office. The IP Docket Specialist is responsible for handling the Intellectual Property Docketing for a multi-national law firm, working directly with IP attorneys, foreign filing specialist(s) and administrative assistants to clear dockets, generate reports, and ensure all deadlines and reminders are fulfilled. This position will support all aspects of U.S. and foreign patent docketing, trademarks, copyrights, domain names and TTAB in order to accurately identify docketing deadlines for the benefit of our clients and the firm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for quality control, daily maintenance and operation of the firm's docketing system
- Process both electronic and paper mail
- Review mail and specific relevant docket deadlines and input into docketing system
- Notify attorneys that items have been properly docketed
- Track updates from the PTO that may impact the IP department
- Ensure all docketing items are timely and accurately processed in accordance with firm policies
- Perform other special projects within the department as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Must exhibit strong substantive knowledge of docketing requirements
- Must have extensive knowledge of U.S. and foreign patents, PAIR, Trademarks and PCT
- Must be strongly analytical, organized, highly-motivated, proactive and detail oriented
- Must be a problem solver and a team player with the ability to exercise independence and professional judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and people skills with the ability to "own problems" and resolve issues
- Must accept direction and constructive feedback
- Ability to handle confidential information with diplomacy
- Possess a working technical knowledge to support the firm's docketing system databases
- Must be able to exercise independence and professional judgment
- Must maintain a high level of workflow and quality controls in multi-office locations, as well as strict confidentiality of client and firm matters
- Requires manual dexterity and physical mobility, including the ability to move frequently (several times an hour) from work station or desk to work independently or with team to organize documents and retrieve files stored in vertical cabinets throughout the work area.
- Position requires ability to move from the work station or desk several times throughout the day and go to various offices to retrieve documents and meet with attorneys or other staff members and receive instructions.
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- 5 or more years of substantive IP docketing experience at a major law firm or corporation required
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. and foreign patents, PAIR, Trademarks and PCT
- College graduate preferred
- Anaqua experience a plus
- Ability to work overtime
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
To view all of our open positions:
Wednesday, May 29, 2019