IP Docket Specialist - DC
- Washington, DC
IP Docket Specialist - Washington, DC
One of our top IP law firms is currently seeking an IP Docket Specialist for the Washington, DC office. The Docket Specialist is responsible for effective communication with attorneys and staff, to include answering docket related questions; timely preparing customized reports; resolving inaccuracies and other associated requests where applicable.
- Analyzing incoming correspondence related to the prosecution of intellectual property rights.
- Discerning the pertinent information and entering it into the docketing database.
- A prime duty is reconciling client, foreign agent and attorney correspondence against docketed due dates in order to rectify the daily docket; and to perform all other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A minimum of three (3) years previous experience with docketing software programs required.
- Experience with CPA Inprotech docketing program is a plus.
- Proficient patent/trademark docketing with a strong prosecution (domestic and international) knowledge preferred.
- Must have accurate data entry skills, proven organizational abilities, attention to detail; knowledge of spreadsheet and database programs; self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as make practical decisions; ability to problem-solve; and possess proficient oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with attorneys and all levels of staff.
- Position also requires that candidate must take and pass all three sections of the firm's internal Docket Certification Exam to become a delegate for docket clearance.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
Wednesday, April 17, 2019