Litigation Associate Attorney – Seattle, WA
We are in search of an Associate Attorney to join our Litigation Department.
To be considered for the position, applicants must demonstrate an exemplary academic background, outstanding communication and writing skills, and a positive, collaborative attitude.
• Participate in all phases of civil litigation, from the pleading stage through trial;
• Engage in discovery, including drafting written discovery, reviewing documents, and preparing for and defending/taking depositions;
• Factual and legal research;
• Written and oral motions practice;
• Pretrial and trial practice.
• 2-4 years of complex litigation experience;
• J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school;
• Excellent academic credentials;
• Admitted to the WSBA, or willing to obtain Washington license;
• Ability to travel occasionally;
• Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
• The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter seeking professional challenges and the opportunity to assume substantive responsibility in complex cases;
• Experience counseling parties in a variety of pre-dispute and dispute resolution contexts;
• Hands-on experience with commercial and business litigation;
• Ability to manage a large number and variety of projects and to work independently, often in a fast-paced environment;
• Experience with electronic discovery and large document productions;
• Keen business sense, with an ability to find creative solutions to legal issues and to balance legal risks against business interests;
• Ability to work as a team player who can manage paralegals and legal assistants cooperatively, efficiently, and respectfully;
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior attorneys;
• Ability to manage competing demands.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement