Programmer/Analyst 2 - DC
- Washington, DC
Programmer/Analyst 2 - Washington, DC
The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for the requirements definition, design, programming, implementation and support of the Firm's applications for practice groups and client-specific matters. The primary responsibility of the Programmer/Analyst is to analyze the client or business problem, define the requirements, recommend, program and implement solutions as decided by the group or client. Information Resource Services (IRS).
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Programmer/Analyst’s overall duties are to provide application and database support for the legal environment, provide technical assistance for hardware and software issues, and conduct short- and long-term technical projects. Among other duties, the Programmer/Analyst should:
- Assess systems and database requirements. Translate requirements into design plans, including system specifications, data import/export functions, conversion issues, workflow diagrams and schematics, and reporting functions.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and management of short- and long-term technical projects.
- Develop implementation plans including timelines, deliverables and project milestones. Create and maintain documentation for all aspects of software implementation.
- Develop and/or integrate and implement applications.
- Prepare or coordinate end-user documentation and training for customized applications as needed.
- Provision accounts and assign security roles to users as needed for individual applications.
- Coordinate and work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
- Keep abreast of current technology and review functionality of software applications and tools for applicability to support legal work and technology initiatives within the Firm. Make recommendations concerning software applications and tools to support same.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Provide data analysis and conversion support for legal work within the Firm.
- Adhere to deadlines, often working within tight time-constraints.
- Maintain a high level of customer/end-user satisfaction with support services rendered.
- Ensure that software upgrades and patches are evaluated and implemented in a timely manner.
- Maintain system and support documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 year programming or scripting experience with Visual Basic, C#, Windows Powershell or T-SQL.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience developing, monitoring, and troubleshooting batch procedures, SQL stored procedures, and scripts.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience maintaining and supporting commercial off the shelf applications and the integrations that enable data exchange between them.
- A minimum of 1 year experience supporting financial systems in a professional services environment. Experience with 3E, ChromeRiver, Equitrac is preferred.
- Administration experience with Windows 2012 Server, and/or SQL Server a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills required.
- Attention to detail and accountable for delivering quality work.
- Ability to work well as part of a team required.
- Technical support experience helpful.
- Previous exposure to a law firm environment beneficial.
- College degree in technical discipline or information systems preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Friday, August 9, 2019