IT Trainer/Instructional Designer - Nashville
- Nashville, TN
IT Trainer/Instructional Designer - Nashville, Tennessee
One of our top law firms is seeking a IT Trainer position that will provide technology training services, support, and design training materials for the firm's offices in its Nashville Global Operations Center. The candidate will also work closely with the local Technical Support teams, providing end-user desktop support when necessary. Be responsible for periodic visits to assigned offices providing follow-up and next level training working with local Office Administrators and teams. Depending on the assigned offices, the shift will be Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, CT.
- Provide training on various computer programs to all employees of the Firm. Much of the user training is conducted via remote sessions but also includes classroom and one-on-one sessions in all of the firm’s offices.
- Develop training manuals, quick reference materials and eLearning videos in accordance with IT Training Group standards.
- Post training content to the online learning center (LMS) and ensure content is kept up to date.
- Assist with testing and evaluation of new software.
- Assist with troubleshooting and support of the firm’s software programs.
- Assume primary training responsibility for designated offices and provide backup for other trainers in their assigned offices as needed.
- Assist local technical support team with end-user training issues as needed.
- Respond to and address office and user training requests.
- Work with the Training Manager and team to continually assess and refine New Hire training and provide follow up for new hires within their own training region.
- Solicit student evaluations upon completion of training.
- Maintain strong technical and training knowledge and skills to stay abreast of the industry.
- Use the firm’s ticketing system to create and respond to escalated training tickets.
- Attend weekly trainers’ meeting.
- Participate in professional training groups/events.
- Travel to the firm’s offices as needed for new hire training and project rollout training and support.
- Additionally, travel to assigned offices 2 – 3 times per year coordinating follow-up and advanced training content with the local Office Administrator and Human Resources team.
- 2-10+ years experience as a technical trainer and instructional designer.
- Strong knowledge of Windows-based systems and Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong knowledge of a third-party document management system and common ancillary legal software tools preferred.
- Extensive experience preparing online training, eLearning and print documentation.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Captivate and SnagIt.
- Ability to learn legal industry software.
- Experience in the legal industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a professional demeanor.
- Ability to communicate clearly and easily with people at all levels within the firm.
- Deep technical knowledge and technical problem-solving skills at an advanced level.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and platforms.
- Understanding of adult learning principles and the ability to adjust instructional methods to best meet the needs of the students.
- Understanding of design concepts for online, self-paced learning content.
- Patience, commitment to quality, enthusiasm and reliability.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Self-motivated, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team to meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible (they pay "big firm" rates!).
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thursday, January 16, 2020