International Payroll and Tax Specialist - DC
- Washington, DC
International Payroll and Tax Specialist – Washington, DC
We are working with a major AmLaw 100 firm that seeks an experienced International Payroll and Tax Specialist for its DC office. The International Payroll and Tax Specialist will execute payroll processes for its offices around the globe. The position will also act as the main point of contact for both employees and external vendors regarding payroll issues, as well as work very closely with Human Resources (HR) representatives in the various regions to coordinate on changes relating to payroll.
In addition, this position will also work closely with the domestic tax reporting vendor to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll tax deposits and filings. It is critical that the individual in this role have a strong customer service orientation and high level of accuracy and be able to contribute ideas to continuous improvement in systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years global payroll experience.
- A solid understanding of payroll processes and state, local, and international laws pertaining to payroll administration.
- Payroll certification and training is strongly preferred.
- Mid-large law firm or professional services experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Workday, ADP, and/or Safeguard is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Maturity, discretion, and experience dealing with highly confidential information.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Human Resources in conjunction with our in-house ERP system to ensure all necessary changes are included timely for payroll processing.
- Act as the main point of contact for employee questions regarding payroll in all offices outside of the U.S.
- Understand/research proper taxation of employer paid benefits and country specific payroll tax laws.
- Assist in creating and maintaining SOP/Checklists and ensure that policies and procedures are being adhered to - keep written procedures updated.
- Institute, follow, and audit tight process controls to ensure data integrity and minimize errors.
- Research and investigate payroll discrepancies and employee payroll issues; perform audits of payroll reports prior to final transmission and validate confirmed final reports.
- Load imported files received from various vendors; research and email appropriate audience of any file issues or discrepancies.
- Provide timely general ledger data to Accounting and assist in payroll GL account reconciliations where applicable.
- Work with federal, state, and local tax agencies to ensure filing compliance; respond to notices and maintain good account standing.
- Create practices to minimize company risk pertaining to payroll tax compliance both domestically and abroad.
- Work closely with our current tax compliance vendor to ensure the data integrity of information passing to and from the Firm.
- Become well-versed in all relevant systems and portals pertaining to payroll processing both internally and externally.
- Build strong working relationships with HR partners, Accounting, and points of contact with our respective vendors.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, November 11, 2019