Trademark Paralegal - Winston Salem
- Winston Salem, NC
Trademark Paralegal - Winston-Salem, NC
A large international law firm, is seeking a Trademark Paralegal for the Intellectual Property Department in our Winston-Salem, North Carolina office. This position will be part of our team of attorneys, paralegals and support staff providing a high level of service to both internal and external clients. The firm has a strong dedication to its employees, values, diversity and inclusion initiatives and commitment to the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage trademark docket for deadlines; understand docket and deadlines and action needed on each file.
- Conduct electronic recordation of assignment documents; review Notice of Recordation and report same to client and prepare client status reports; work with and manage large global trademark portfolios
- Comprehend chain of title in U.S. trademarks and ability to prefect same.
- Assist with trademark clearance projects, including U.S. screening and full searches and international screening and formal counsel searches.
- Prepare and file U.S. trademark applications, including electronic filings with follow through to registration and post-registration maintenance and renewals.
- Coordinate with foreign counsel on international clearance, filing, maintenance and renewal matters: oversee processing of foreign associates' invoices for payment, and prepare reporting letters to client.
- Effect portfolio transfers and manage multi-client portfolios.
- Prepare and file powers of attorney and letters of instruction.
- Assist in trademark filing strategy discussions and due diligence.
- Assist with preparation and filing of responses of Office Actions.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. trademark rules and procedure; working knowledge of national laws of other countries; knowledge of Paris Convention and deadlines set therein and familiarity with the Madrid Protocol.
- Proficient with electronic research tools such as Saegis, USPTO and WIPO databases; and conduct preliminary trademark searches.
- Proficient with USPTO electronic trademark filing systems.
- Experience with Intellectual Property docketing systems.
- Knowledge of filing requirements for convention (foreign) applications.
- High level of proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe Acrobat, Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw and other internet research tools.
- Law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and time and deadline management skills.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to work confidently and efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Respectful to other individuals working directly or indirectly with them.
- Reliable and dependable team player who is able to adapt quickly to new surroundings.
- Must be a good planner who is very detail-oriented and has the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Candidate should be action and results-oriented; able to multi-task daily responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Must have effective daily written and oral communication skills with clients and team members.
- Work independently, taking initiative to move projects to conclusion.
- Ability to manage large client portfolios with numerous deadlines.
Wednesday, June 12, 2019