Web Programmer Analyst 2 – DC
- Washington, DC
Web Programmer Analyst 2 – Washington, DC
The Programmer/Analyst 2 is responsible for designing and programming database-driven web solutions for networked and wireless business applications spanning eight global offices including:
- Assessing business processes and providing technological solutions or improvements to meet business needs.
- Translating business requirements into system design plans, including system specifications, application architecture, data import/export functions, conversion issues, reporting and other functions.
- Developing applications for SharePoint including workflow and forms services.
- Providing technical leadership on software development projects as part of a development Team.
- Providing support to mission-critical systems and applications as assigned.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining IIS and SharePoint.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for all aspects of software implementation, including timelines, system schematics and diagrams, business recovery procedures and user documentation.
- Troubleshooting problems and developing practical solutions.
- Ensuring that software upgrades and patches are evaluated and implemented in a timely manner.
- Working with developers, business users, and other IT department staff to perform and coordinate the planning, testing, and implementation of database and application upgrades as needed.
- Maintaining skills consistent with current programming and database technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
- 4-6 years’ experience with demonstrated recent ability to design, develop, deploy and support business applications using Microsoft’s Visual Studio .NET MVC, VB Script and JAVA Script, HTML, and/or XML/XSLT.
- 1-2 years’ experience developing applications for or supporting Microsoft SharePoint.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop solutions to business problems including workflow and information management systems.
- Strong SQL skills such as writing stored procedures, triggers, etc required.Microsoft SQL Server administration a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to support third party legal or business applications including but not limited to docketing, forms generation, legal recruiting, legal research, document management and conference scheduling.
- Thorough understanding of application lifecycle process.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be highly motivated, analytical, organized and efficient.
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills required.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Previous law firm or professional services experience preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) for Microsoft .NET preferred.
- College degree in information systems/computer science or other technical discipline preferred.
- Position requires access to equipment, software, or technology that is subject to U.S. export controls (to be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws, candidate must be either (a) a United States citizen or national; (b) a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence of the United States (i.e., “Green Card” holder); or (c) an INS-approved refugee or asylum holder who has applied for naturalization within six months of the date the individual first became eligible; and if not yet naturalized, is still actively pursuing naturalization if 2 years have passed since the date of application to be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws.Candidates will be required to submit appropriate documentation to determine whether access can be granted before proceeding further through the application process).
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Account Manager & Executive Recruiter
Monday, July 6, 2020