Litigation Support Analyst - NY
- New York, NY
Litigation Support Analyst - New York, NY ($55k-$65+ DOE)
We are working wit a leading law firm whose Litigation Support department has an excellent opportunity for a Litigation Support Analyst in the New York office. This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Litigation Support Manager. This role provides litigation support, law oriented technical support and process management related services to practitioners in multiple offices.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supports the project management team in the application of processes, technologies and the use of ESI to successful outcomes.
- Administers Relativity environment: users, security groups, configurations, permissions.
- Drives the Relativity platform as needed by processing data, loading data into the review platform, creating search indexes, troubleshooting error reports, performing analytics, predictive coding and/or email threading, converting natives to images, performing optical character recognition on non-searchable documents and performing logical document unitization.
- Conducts a quality assurance check on data received by clients or attorneys and loads data and image files into litigation support applications.
- Creates and manages fields and tags, batches, coding layouts, search term reports, persistent highlighting, views and templates.
- Creates saved search templates for production preparation, QC, and conflict checking.
- Generates reports, including dashboards and pivots based on case team requirements.
- Builds production sets, creates load files, and endorses production copies with Bates numbers or confidentiality designations.
- Maintains all discovery data by archiving and prepping data for warm and cold storage, exporting data for offline storage or returning to clients, and deleting data.
- Exports data--production set, saved search, folder, subfolders--using the Relativity Desktop.
- Tracks data throughout the discovery lifecycle; documents how data is “worked” at each stage.
- Monitors project and case statuses and provides routine status reports including task completion and data delivery schedules.
- Provides quality control on all aspects of data manipulation and production.
- Consistently completes work requests in an accurate and timely manner and regularly communicates work status.
- Handles additional special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and 2-5+ years of related experience; equivalent combination of education, training and experience may substitute for education requirement. Prior law firm or vendor experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of clients and professional and support staff.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills while working in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tuesday, August 20, 2019