Client Relations Manager – DC
- Washington, DC
Client Relations Manager – Washington, DC
We are working with a major law firm that is looking for a strategic, results-oriented manager to work with lawyers to manage and expand key client relationships. This is an opportunity to be part of a uniquely collaborative culture, working with a dynamic team within their global Marketing & Business Development function. This position will further develop systematic programs and initiatives to effectively manage and expand relationships with key clients by identifying and pursuing the highest value opportunities globally.
Firm is open to those who may hold another title in marketing or business development - but have worked substantially with the client relations component.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Relationship Management Program
- Training and coaching relationship managers (RMs) to meet established benchmarks and implement industry best practices for key account management.
- Developing and executing annual client plans.
- Facilitate regular meetings between RMs and key clients.
- Identify opportunities with individual clients and connect appropriate firm lawyers to pursue these opportunities.
- Collaborate with other Marketing & BD team members to assure coordinated approaches to RM clients with key firm initiatives.
- Analyze industry, client, and legal data to proactively identify potential client needs.
Client Development & Marketing
- Coordinate efforts around new business generation with existing and new clients supporting the business strategy and related targeting initiatives across practices and industry sectors.
- Prepare client pitch materials, including responses to RFPs, and conduct preparatory sessions with attorneys prior to client meetings. Track win/loss record.
- Leverage firm’s Market Research team to analyze market opportunities and to assist attorneys/groups in preparation for client meetings.
- Support the firm’s client feedback program to obtain insight on Covington’s work, relationship with key organizations, and ways we can continue to improve our client service.
- Maintain and track client feedback interviews and assist with follow-up.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in business, marketing, communications, or related field. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in professional services marketing and business development. Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development. Previous law firm experience is highly preferred.
- Previous experience with a client feedback program and substantive involvement in client targeting or business generation initiatives is preferred. Experience conducting client feedback interviews is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative.
- Creative, value-added orientation.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively while managing tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Facility with InterAction or Salesforce.com is a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Account Manager & Executive Recruiter
Monday, May 18, 2020