BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING MANAGER - PARSIPPANY, NJ or HARTFORD, CT
AmLaw 200 law firm is seeking a full-time experienced business development professional to serve as a Business Development and Marketing Manager.
This position requires tactical support of several of the Firm's practice groups, development of RFP and pitch materials, and collaboration with the Business Development team members and other firm business professionals to ensure the execution of the groups' business development plans and their alignment with firm-wide priorities.
· Provide business development support to the lawyers in assigned practice groups and, in the process, facilitate cross marketing, referral tracking and other business development initiatives.
· Help lawyers execute best-practice based pitch and proposal materials in the pursuit of new business.
· Develop marketing and pitch materials, including capabilities statements, brochures and web content. Compile transaction and case descriptions for use in proposals.
· Develop targeted pitches and presentations; participate in strategizing and preparing proposals and responses to RFPs. Draft original text for client proposals with attention to crafting narrative formats that are consistent across practice groups, craft specific answers to uncommon RFP questions, draft executive summaries and introductions. Edit standard content to answer questions in a strategic, dynamic and directly responsive manner.
· Work with the practice group leaders and individual attorneys to implement practice specific business development plans.
· Responsible for continued evaluation of existing marketing and business development plans and tracking ROI of initiatives to ensure funding and time investments are appropriately allocated.
· Utilize the firm's research processes, resources, and tools to provide actionable business intelligence to the practice areas and departments. This may include, but is not limited to prospect research, industry or geographic research and, competitive analysis at the practice area level.
· Excellent writing, editing and research skills.
· Proven project management, organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines.
· Ability to deal professionally with both internal and external clients on all levels.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing with both internal and external clients and to diplomatically seek more clarity or information from those in authority, if needed.
· Proven ability to concentrate on the details of executing projects.
· Proficiency in using/learning computer applications for research and material generation, such as, Interaction and Qorus Breeze.
· Ability to work well under pressure with flexibility and adaptability to changing workflow and work assignments.
· Proven ability to think creatively, using good judgment and decision-making capabilities.
· BA required. Major in English, marketing, communications, journalism, technical writing or a similar discipline a plus.
· A minimum of five years of experience in business development or marketing in a professional services sector, with prior law firm experience highly desired.
· Experience in Microsoft Office Suite to include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement