Sr. Billing Coordinator - NY
- New York, NY
Sr. Billing Coordinator - New York
We are working with a with a large law firm that seeks an experienced Sr. Billing Coordinator in its New York office. Responsible for bill preparation and management of inventory. Support and work closely with legal staff and Revenue Services & Financial Analysis Department by providing billing and accounts receivable information/documentation. Interface with non-legal staff, vendors, and clients.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential functions:
- Monitor inventory and ensure adherence to client discounts and guidelines by reviewing proformas and analyzing aged WIP prior to distribution to Billing partners; follow-up with Billing Partners regarding AWIP especially those over 30 days; keep Manager informed by regularly providing updates to billing status, and reasons for delayed billing.
- Monitor unallocated funds and expedite application of funds; advise Manager of any payment that remains unapplied for more than one week.
- Monitor On Account funds and follow up with partner to ensure timely application to WIP and AR; bring to Manager’s attention if unallocated for more than two months.
- Suggest ways to improve the billing process, productivity, and over-all functioning of the department.
- Provide monthly Billing Projections, Aged WIP Report, Hit List and Missed List by dates indicated on Billing Schedule, or as required by Manager.
- Assist Accounts Receivable department by actively monitoring receivables.
- Prepare, print and distribute proformas by no later than the 6th working day of each month.
- Draft bills and forward to partners by the 12-15th working day of each month; carefully observe and apply discounts ensuring adherence to client requirements; follow up with partner/reviewer to ensure timely review and transmittal to clients.
- Edit time records, maintaining and filing documentation for adjustments in a timely manner; develop awareness of repetitive adjustments; suggest ways to improve the time-keeping and adjustment process.
- Maintain a correspondence folder for each Billing Partner; promptly file miscellaneous correspondence, and time and disbursement adjustments; ensure that copies of all posted bills are filed and saved to the 3E Invoice module by the 4th working day of the month.
- Offer assistance with peer assignments; mentor and assist in the training and development of new Billing Coordinators.
- Any other responsibilities or special projects as required by partners, or as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- 3-10+ years experience working in a Billing department for a law firm.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and follow up on problem areas.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Math skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills a plus.
- Work well in a team environment.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Associates Degree and/or some college preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Saturday, September 28, 2019