Estate Planning Paralegal - San Jose
- San Jose, CA
PARALEGAL/Estate Planning - San Jose, CA
Established trust and estate planning law firm in the heart of San Jose has a unique opportunity for a professional, responsible, Litigation Paralegal with extensive MS Office experience. This is a full-time position and requires three or more years’ experience in trusts and estates and/or litigation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and maintain client files
- Calendar meetings and deadlines
- Perform legal research
- Research and draft grant deeds and supporting documents
- Draft basic estate plans with minimal supervision
- Work in cooperation as a backup to the receptionist and other administrative staff to cover phones.
- Assist Principal Attorney and other Estate Planning Attorneys with various projects
- Work directly with clients on the phone and in meetings
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in litigation (preferably in estates and trusts)
- Bachelor’s Degree required (paralegal certification also preferred)
- Ability to manage own workload in a timely manner, track deadlines
- Extensive experience with MS Word and Excel
- Strong computer, organizational and follow through skills
- Familiarity with local probate procedures a plus
- Experience with legal software a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working with clients, financial institutions, government agencies and attorneys.
Monday, March 11, 2019