Marketing Events Manager - Palo Alto
- Palo Alto, CA
Marketing Events Manager - Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for a strategic, yet detail-oriented Marketing Events Manager to plan, produce, and execute top quality events. This position works collaboratively with the firm’s global marketing and business development team, but also independently with firm lawyers to create and manage engaging events in support of firm objectives. Events include, but are not limited to, conferences (both firm-hosted and those with firm participation or sponsorship), roundtables, social and sporting events, and webinars. This role requires the ability to successfully manage events both in-person and remotely.
This role has high visibility within the firm, significant interaction with external contacts, and is one of three event managers globally. This position reports to a Director of Business Development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate a “Go/No Go” assessment to evaluate cost-benefit considerations.
- Collaborate and drive consensus with multiple internal stakeholders to develop event strategies that will resonate with the target audience.
- With the BD team, help identify and drive important and appropriate lawyer follow-up post-event.
- Budget development and management.
- Maintain project timelines and status reports, and provide regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Manage event logistics, including venue selection, food and beverage requirements/selection, audio-visual, and related activities.
- Conduct/research site visits, select and secure appropriate venues, and, working with procurement, process contracts.
- Identify appropriate contact/invite lists in CRM and gain internal approvals for use. Distribution of invites and response receipt and tracking using technology systems and CRM.
- Manage the design and production of all event-related materials including invitations, signage, and name badges.
- Manage internal CLE accreditation process.
- Work with PR team as needed.
- Post-event responsibilities include: compiling program feedback, sharing post-event recap with team, budget reconciliation, and updating CRM (InterAction).
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ (3-20) years of event planning and project management experience.
- Experience producing corporate events, previous law firm experience preferred.
- Candidate must be service-oriented and able to work effectively with lawyers, staff, and vendors at all professional levels.
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities, adapt quickly and with sound judgment to a variety of situations, and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills with a heightened attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency with client relationship management (CRM) and email marketing/event invitation software, preferably InterAction and Vuture.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime during busy periods, as well as for specific events (e.g., early morning or evening events).
Tuesday, April 9, 2019