Corporate Paralegal (Private Equity) - NY
- New York, NY
Corporate Paralegal (Private Equity Fund Formation) - New York
The Corporate Paralegal will assist attorneys with their responsibilities and assignments in connection with the representation of their clients by handling day-to-day transaction management.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with fund formation.
- Maintain internal database of investor information.
- Analyze and review subscription agreements and side letters.
- Review and draft agreements and consents related to limited partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations.
- Assist with entity formation, including corporate name availability and reservation, assist with drafting of corporate organizational documents, assist with corporate records maintenance, and prepare foreign qualifications, dissolutions and withdrawals.
- Assist with multiple transactional closings including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, financings and strategic investments.
- Draft ancillary documents under attorney supervision (e.g., officer's certificates, bylaws, corporate resolutions, stock certificates, collateral receipt letters, etc.).
- Proofread and revise principle transaction documents (e.g., Private Placement Memorandum, Operating Agreement, Limited Partnership Agreement, etc.).
- Disseminate documentation to clients and to outside parties; work efficiently with firm support services, such as, Reprographics, Document Production and outside couriers.
- Create closing checklist and working group list; draft signature pages and assist with preparation of agreements, schedules and exhibits. Proof documents and track the status of document preparation. Incorporate client and outside counsel comments in documents.
- Prepare closing files, labels, and folders and assist with the closing.Compile executed documents and save onto internal document management system (DeskSite).
- Organize and distribute originally executed agreements to client and outside counsel. Compile and index documents for preparation of closing binder.Assemble and distribute closing binders in a timely fashion.
- 3-10+ years of experience working as a Corporate and/or Private Fund’s paralegal.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Proactive self-starter who understands the details within the larger context.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and prioritize accordingly.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to confidently and graciously interact with Associates, Partners, Paralegals and all staff members; Be a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with strong academic record.
Firm offers a competitive compensation package comprised of base pay and discretionary year-end bonus for eligible employees.Benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance, flexible spending plan and a 401K plan.Weil also offers generous paid time off and holidays.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Monday, November 25, 2019