Regional IT Manager - Downtown Los Angeles
- Los Angeles, CA
Regional IT Manager- Los Angeles, CA
Under direction of supervisor, provides overall management and leadership for IT operations in the Los Angeles office. Includes supervision of all IT support personnel and assurance that day-to-day support operations are performed efficiently and effectively. Provides input on strategic and tactical direction of office technology.
- Supervise assigned IT support personnel for the Los Angeles office, including coordination of professional development for each team member.
- Areas of support include installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of desktop applications, PC hardware and peripherals, server hardware and software, and network electronics and cabling.
- Ensure service levels provided to customers meet or exceed expectations. Solicit regular feedback from customers, and make appropriate modifications and enhancements as necessary.
- Provide project management and technical expertise for assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Coordinate maintenance of various technology components and processes including overall configuration and operation of computer and telephone rooms (e.g. server hardware, server software, physical layer network electronics), scheduled and ad-hoc equipment moves, critical issues, etc.
- Provide attorneys and staff with suggestions and recommendations for technical solutions to business needs, requirements, and ideas (i.e. “consulting”).
- Provide regular input on strategic and tactical direction of
- Firm’s technology infrastructure. Requires staying abreast of current and emerging technologies.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for Los Angeles office by ensuring any/all purchases are practical and necessary, ensuring invoices are reviewed for accuracy and processed timely and developing and submitting end-of-year budget proposal for following year.
- Ensure critical issues are addressed on a timely basis, escalating to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Provide regular updates to supervisor and others on major tasks performed and/or completed by IT team members.
- Perform other departmental duties as required by supervisor in support of the IT department.
Skills Needed to be Successful:
- Ability to express self-effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout the Firm.
- Ability to effectively handle telephone contacts when supervisors are unavailable and with all forms of Firm personnel and vendors.
- Thorough knowledge of Firm systems and procedures to efficiently meet Firm personnel demands.
- Strong command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, forms and syntax.
- Thorough organizational skills for prioritizing workload.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment as would be acquired during four years of high school.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is not required but preferred.
- Previous technical experience of 4 or more years, including 2 with managerial responsibilities.
- Repetitive motions-substantial movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, stooping, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting.
- Talking-expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word. Ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately.
- Hearing-ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Sitting most of the time.Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate (they told us to send over candidates with salary expectations)
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
Nationwide Legal Recruitment and Placement
Monday, December 3, 2018